NEXT STEP

Cant change my profile

Solved!

Cant change my profile

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I can't change any of my personal information on my account this happened around the time when I updated my subscription to premium again how do I fix this the boxes are grayed out

i cant change my gender to male 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @PrestonGarvey

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you open the account overview page in an incognito/private window of your browser and try editing your profile details there? 

It's also good to know that if you created your Spotify account through Facebook,

it won't be possible for you to change the account details on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update them for you. 

If that's the case, for more steps make sure to check out this Spotify Answer (It applies not only to your email address). 

Let me know how it goes! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @PrestonGarvey

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you open the account overview page in an incognito/private window of your browser and try editing your profile details there? 

It's also good to know that if you created your Spotify account through Facebook,

it won't be possible for you to change the account details on your own, but you can reach out to Customer Support and they will be happy to update them for you. 

If that's the case, for more steps make sure to check out this Spotify Answer (It applies not only to your email address). 

Let me know how it goes! 

thank you very much for your help I contacted spotify's customer support they told me the same thing they fixed it I hope in the future you all can get this fixed because its very time consuming.... 

Hi @PrestonGarvey

I'm glad everything worked out!

And thank you for accepting my answer as solution. 

Have a great day! 

Suggested posts