Premium plan

Country

Canada

Device

IPhone 8 Plus 

Operating System

iOS 

My Question or Issue

I am yet to see the canvas option in my playback settings. I really want to have the canvas background but i don’t. I also found out that my settings don’t have the option while Spotify premium friends of mine do.

10 Replies

Re: Canvas option

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey there @Nehi,

thanks for posting !

I've just checked it the feature exists on my Iphone 6S and it does so it isn't a device related issue.

Have you tried reinstalling the app on your device ?

OneByBooRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Nehi
Regular

Yes I actually have done that a couple of times as well as logging in and out but it’s not working still. I compared with other Spotify premium friends of mine and their version is way better and different from mine.

Hey there @Nehi,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Just to confirm, were you able in the past to view the Canvas setting in your device?

If you're not yet seeing features that your friends do, no worries. There's more info about this here.

Hope this helps clarify things! Don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Nehi
Regular

Nope I didn’t even know about it until I started hearing other people talk about it lol. So in the past, I’ve not had this feature available to me and I also attempted watching one on the ‘rap cavier’ playlist but it says it’s not available in my location whereas I’m in the same place as everyone else.

Hey again @Nehi,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding this info.

It'd be very helpful if you could share a screenshot of that error message you mention as you see it in the app so we can take a closer look. Just make sure that there's no private or sensitive info displayed.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Nehi
Regular

This is the message I get about my location problem 

860DF2D4-7013-43C2-AE7B-A23220B50668.png

Nehi
Regular

@onebyboo 

Hey there @Nehi,

Thanks for getting back in touch and adding this screenshot, it's very helpful!

RapCaviar is an “enhanced” playlist that includes original editorial video content such as artist interviews or profiles, and/or music videos that live together inside the traditional playlist format. Keep in mind that this is a different feature than Canvas :) 

If you're having troubles viewing the video content in RapCaviar, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device first - that should do the trick.

If not, you can also make sure of the following:

• You're not using a VPN.
  • If possible, try a different internet connection. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.
  • If you’re using a data connection, check you have enough data allowance (although we recommend using WiFi if possible).
  • Make sure Spotify isn’t in offline mode (in the app’s Settings, under Playback).

Let us know how things go! We'll be right here if you still need help.

Have a lovely day :)

KaterinaModerator

Nehi
Regular

Hey...I still don’t have the canvas option. I’ve done the clean reinstall a couple of times but to no avail. Please help

E201464E-33FE-4A4A-996E-DE18905D0A97.png
SUGGESTED POSTS