Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change country for student premium

Change country for student premium

Plan: Student Premium

Device: iPhone 8

Operating System: iOS 14.

My Question or Issue

I can't change the county setting. I tried, but the option is locked in my plan. Does this mean I should upgrade to another plan? 

3 Replies

Hey @maxmax798 ,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you're on a paid plan, you can only change your account's country setting by updating your payment method to one that's been issued in another country. More info about this can be found here.

Keep in mind that with Premium Student, your country setting must match the country you're studying in. You'll also need a payment method that's been issued there.

Hope this clears things up!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the reply. My issue is I want to change the language of the podcast recommendations. Spotify only keeps recommending to me podcast in Japanese, while I don't speak it. I understand that I registered here in Japan, but I am neither a Japanese nor speaking their language. Even when trying to search for podcast that are trending it will show a list of those in Japanese.  

Hey @maxmax798 ,

Thanks for getting back.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to change this because your account's country setting is set to Japan.

I'd recommend listening to the podcasts that you like most and hopefully, you'll get recommendations from the language(s) ​​you prefer. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts