Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change location for Guadeloupe (which is part of FRANCE in reality, but not for Spotify...)

Change location for Guadeloupe (which is part of FRANCE in reality, but not for Spotify...)

Plan

Free

Country

Guadeloupe (FRANCE)

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Hello I discovered Spotify about 2 weeks ago. I live in Guadeloupe, in French West Indies (PART OF FRANCE !). I tried to sign up. However, after validating the form, it remained blocked.... I asked someone I know, who live in PARIS (FRANCE) to create an account for me. This worked. I have been able to listen to my music, until now. A message tells that I've been abroad for 14 days.

In my profil, I can only select FRANCE as location. Guadeloupe is FRANCE............. Is there a way to change for Guadeloupe....? That's really unfortunate..

Thank you for your help 🙂

1 Reply

Hi there @SpotyWestIndies,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Currently it's not possible to change the country of your account to La Guadeloupe. This is a known issue and we've been informed that the right team at Spotify is working on this, however we don't have an exact time frame for a fix.

A workaround would be to use a Premium account, which is bein paid for with a payment method issued by a bank in France. However we can't guarantee that payments will go through successfully from Guadeloupe, as it is an overseas territory.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts