Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change my spotify username in url link?

Change my spotify username in url link?

Hi Everyone!

Alright, I understand there is no way to change Spotify username. So I created a new account as everybody suggested. That is also really helpful if I want my old playlists to put into my new account you can do this. But my old Spotify account has a nice URL link including my username and my new account has a really ugly randomly created (letters, numbers) username. I really don't like it. I would like a nice URL link as my old one. I also realized someone has a different username and different URL link. How is it possible? Someone can get it, someone not?    

How to get my new account URL link including my username as my old account?

I don't want to use a link with randomly created letters and numbers.

Thank you for your answer.

3 Replies

Hey @djgg,

Thanks for reaching out.

As Spotify looks to improve the overall Spotify experience, they’re now automatically generating usernames, hence the random numbers and letters.

You don’t need to remember this to log in. You can log in with just your password and the email address associated with your account.

During sign up, you were able to personalize your account by creating a profile name that’s displayed in the app. There are no limitations to a profile name, so you were able to choose any you like 🙂

Note: It’s not possible to log in with a profile name.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @Maxim,

alright, I understand I don't need to remember the generated username to log in. I don't mind it anyway.

My real problem is the new ugly URL link, for example open.spotify.com/user/0orezfguYjh3fio9ee55xb3qvz

How is it looks like? This is not looking a good way to improve the overall Spotify experience.

If it's the same from the beginning I have no question fair enough, but my old URL link looks as for example: open.spotify.com/user/anything (nice URL link) and many people have that same style.

So every new Spotify user has a similar link like 3OT64dysfgewgf73te73g873 and every old one has a nice one?

Oh, one more interesting thing. I found some user who has a completely different URL link (nice version) as them username. for Example Them username: anything and them URL link like open.spotify.com/user/athg

How is it possible and why? I think this is not correct.

Do you know anything about it?

Thank you so much your answer.

Yeah, this is a recent change, so old users can have a different looking username than newer users.

I'm not sure what your last question is about, sorry. The profile's username is athg?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts