Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Charged Twice

Solved!

Charged Twice

I just looked at my bank account statement and noticed that I was charged twice this month.  I've noticed that this isn't all that uncommon.  How is that okay?  What kind of business **bleep**s up with someone's credit card information this often?  Not to mention the customer service is complete balls in repairing the issues.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey SquidGrader, welcome to the Community.

It looks like there was a server hiccup while processing your payment and it was taken twice by mistake. Thanks for reporting this, we'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

In the meantime, I've made sure that the extra charge gets refunded to you. It'll be back in your account within the next few days.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

View solution in original post

40 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey SquidGrader, welcome to the Community.

It looks like there was a server hiccup while processing your payment and it was taken twice by mistake. Thanks for reporting this, we'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

In the meantime, I've made sure that the extra charge gets refunded to you. It'll be back in your account within the next few days.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi,

Same here, I have also been charged twice this month for my premium subscription.

Anything you can do to correct this?

Thank  you in advance!

Hi geekmiki - As this is a specific payments query it's best if you get in touch via the contact form.

From there our Payments Team can certainly give you a hand. 

i just realized that i have been having this same problem for months.  i have already filled out the support form, but have not gotten a response.  what else can i do?

Ericander - Your case has been received, so please sit tight. We'll get back to you as soon as we can.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

@user-removed wrote:

i just realized that i have been having this same problem for months.  i have already filled out the support form, but have not gotten a response.  what else can i do?

How long ago did you get in touch with the support team?

Also if you got an automated reply directing you to the community, you need to reply directly to that email to have your message pushed to an advisor 😉

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

my first contact form was submitted on 12/10.  how long does a response normally take?

Normally within 24 hours, as I said before, if you got the automated reply you need to reply to that email before your case will be sent to an advisor. 

If you have a case number, post it here and I will see if I can grab someone to look into it for you.

Peter

Peter

i've only gotten an email from the Spotify Support team, which it said not to respond to.  the original case was # 00428526 and the form i submitted today was case # 00433968.

Hi ericander - Please just reply to the automated messaged as @hammeh suggests above. One of our agents will get your email. 

Edit: I can see my colleague's already written back to you. Keep an eye on your inbox for his message. 

Hello,

I signed up for the 30-day free trial for Spotify Premium, and cancelled my subscription within the months trial.

Since cancelling this, they have started charging me £9.99 per month.

I have now emailed them twice to bring this issue up, however I have had no response, and I am still getting charged.

Could somebody please advise me what to do.

Thanks.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

When you have got in touch before, did you receive an automated email reply directing you to the community? If so, just reply directly to that message to get your email sent to one of the customer services team. 

Peter

Peter

@meahtenoha wrote:

As this is a specific payments query it's best if you get in touch via the contact form.

From there our Payments Team can certainly give you a hand. 

Hey,

Thanks for the response.

No, I never received any form of return correspondence.

Watson

Hi Watson,

My colleague, Edward, actually got back to you in October regarding this but we never heard back.

I've just responded to your most recent email, so keep an eye on your inbox.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

my credit card was charged twice for a premium subscription on 01-25-13, What do I do to get the funds back on my card? Thank you. Please reply.

@nicholaskmetz wrote:

my credit card was charged twice for a premium subscription on 01-25-13, What do I do to get the funds back on my card? Thank you. Please reply.

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Hi - I've been charged both for Basic and Premium in the same month, see my bank statement details below for each transaction.

Please reinburse the Basic desktop £4.99.

Would you also be able to offer me something for the inconvenience of this?

Thanks

Ross

9 Jan 2013

POS

0018 08JAN13 , SPOTIFY , BASIC-DESKTOP , LONDON GB

-

28 Jan 2013

POS

0018 25JAN13 , SPOTIFY PREMIUM X , 1 , LONDON GB

-

As this is a billing query, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter

Suggested posts