Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community notification issue

Solved!

Community notification issue

Not clear where to post this as the issue is about this Community tool itself rather than Spotify.

I see a flag that I have a new notification in Community.  When I click on the icon, I get a new window, but a red box is displayed in the middle saying:

The core node you are trying to access was not found, it may have been deleted. Please refresh your original page and try the operation again.

I have refreshed the page, logged out & back in, etc.  Consistently shows this (although the new notification flag comes and goes).

Is this an issue with the underlying community engine (Lithium), the Spotify Community implementation, or my account?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @JulianFletcher,

This issue is under investigation, and you can track it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-access-notifications-through-Spotify-Communit...

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@JulianFletcher

This is the last update on this issue:

"Hey folks!

Thanks for all your reports on this. Our tech folks are investigating this as we post. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping your browser up-to-date.

If you're still having trouble with this, please try clearing your browser's cache/cookies this should help.

Thanks again for bearing with us."

MaximSpotify Star

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @JulianFletcher,

This issue is under investigation, and you can track it here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Cannot-access-notifications-through-Spotify-Communit...

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Note: that investigation seems to have been closed although the problem persists.  

I posted there and I've asked if that case can be re-opened: no value in having multiple cases tracking the same issue, but also no point closing whilst there's still an issue.

Marked as solution

@JulianFletcher

This is the last update on this issue:

"Hey folks!

Thanks for all your reports on this. Our tech folks are investigating this as we post. We don't have an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend keeping your browser up-to-date.

If you're still having trouble with this, please try clearing your browser's cache/cookies this should help.

Thanks again for bearing with us."

MaximSpotify Star

Sorry for being picky, but that post is marked as closed even though the issue clearly continues.  A bit confusing if anyone is looking to report the same issue or looking for a solution.

I did already post there that it shouldn't be closed, but it's still not re-opened (not sure if it's even an option and assume only a moderator would have the power).

I realise the solution to tis issue may not be in your hands, community moderator hands, or Spotify hands - but I do think there should be a post kept open until it's resolved.

Happy to mark this as closed if the other post can be re-opened.

Notifications are now working for me.  I assume there was a fix.

Suggested posts