Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Data leak in Accounts???

Solved!

Data leak in Accounts???

Hi,

we have a Premium Family Account with different family members.

My wife has a lot of problems since weeks. She has an iPhone SE with the latest iOS and Spotify version.

Suddenly all her playlists are gone and she got playlists in her profile by somebody else!!!

Why has she playlists by somebody else? Are your database relations broken?

At the moment she has no playlists in her profile but her playlists are definitiv online. With the correct name and avatar. How can this be?

Are another relations broken too? Privacy informations?

Please send me a PM to find a solution!

Please fix it immeditly.

Best regards from Germany,

Nico

Here are some screenshots:

This is the profile. 0 Playlists (!)This is the profile. 0 Playlists (!)Add your FIRST playlist ??Add your FIRST playlist ??Here is the correct relation!Here is the correct relation!This is a playlist in Spotify by her.This is a playlist in Spotify by her.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @GermanGuy 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your issue, her account probably was hacked by someone else, so I suggest that you follow these steps below immediately:

1. FIRST, RESET YOUR PASSWORD.

Note: If your email address has been changed, go straight to step 2.

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

2. THEN, GET IN TOUCH WITH US.

Note: We may need a screenshot of your Spotify receipt or bank statement for security purposes. Please have this on-hand when getting in touch (and make sure it does not show your full credit card number, expiration date, or 3-digit code). 

1. Go to our contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose I can't log in to Spotify. 
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

We'll then take all the necessary steps to secure your account and return access to you.

I also suggest that you disconnect her account from all devices following the steps below:

1. Open your Spotify account page
  2. Select the option "Sign out everywhere"

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you want to recuperate her playlists that she has been lost, it's possible!

Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create, so if you delete them, they’re easy to get back.

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

DON’T SEE IT? 

It’s possible you created the playlist with another account, so be sure you’re logging in to the account that originally created the playlist.

If you’re not sure you have another account, we can help you find out.

It's also possible that you saved your music somewhere else on Spotify. Check in your Songs under Your Library

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll tryna find the best solution for you!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey, @GermanGuy 

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your issue, her account probably was hacked by someone else, so I suggest that you follow these steps below immediately:

1. FIRST, RESET YOUR PASSWORD.

Note: If your email address has been changed, go straight to step 2.

1. Open the password reset form in a private/incognito window, and choose a strong password you haven't used before.
  2. Go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

We also strongly suggest you change the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account. You can make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook in your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify.

2. THEN, GET IN TOUCH WITH US.

Note: We may need a screenshot of your Spotify receipt or bank statement for security purposes. Please have this on-hand when getting in touch (and make sure it does not show your full credit card number, expiration date, or 3-digit code). 

1. Go to our contact form.
  2. Select Logging in.
  3. Choose I can't log in to Spotify. 
  4. Click I STILL NEED HELP.

We'll then take all the necessary steps to secure your account and return access to you.

I also suggest that you disconnect her account from all devices following the steps below:

1. Open your Spotify account page
  2. Select the option "Sign out everywhere"

-----------------------------------------------------------

If you want to recuperate her playlists that she has been lost, it's possible!

Spotify automatically backs up the playlists you create, so if you delete them, they’re easy to get back.

1. Log in to your account page.
  2. Click Recover playlists in the menu on the left. 
  3. Click RESTORE by the playlist you want to recover.
  4. Open Spotify and find the restored playlist at the bottom of your playlist collection.

DON’T SEE IT? 

It’s possible you created the playlist with another account, so be sure you’re logging in to the account that originally created the playlist.

If you’re not sure you have another account, we can help you find out.

It's also possible that you saved your music somewhere else on Spotify. Check in your Songs under Your Library

If you need more information or have any other issue, let me know and I'll tryna find the best solution for you!

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts