Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Graphical Glitches, Performance issues & Widescreen troubles after new update

[Desktop] Graphical Glitches, Performance issues & Widescreen troubles after new update

Plan

Premium

Country

Czech Republic

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

After the new update I've started experiencing frequent graphical glitches in the app, doesn't matter if the window is minimized, maximized, half the screen or fullscreen. As long as I'm doing something these glitches consistently pop up. Restarting and reinstalling didn't help.

These glitches appear when moving the cursos or clicking anything in the app.

I've also noticed a noticable drop in performance, loading playlists, but especially the new "your library tab", as my library is quite large.

It also seems that the new your library tab isn't properly formatted for widescreen.
Screenshots below.

7.PNG
4.png
5.png
3 Replies

Hi @sporacek,

the new desktop app is built from many individual modules, and from the screenshots you sent it looks as if some are having difficulty loading up properly.

What resolution are you running and what's your screen size? If possible, the next time you see that happening, can you try and capture a video recording and upload it, so we can get a better idea of what exactly is happening?

We can then try some troubleshooting see if it helps and report it to our devs if it doesn't.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Recently experienced this. Video attached of Electron modules experiencing graphic errors.

• No resource issues - memory, GPU etc. all fine
  • Occured after ~2hrs playback
  • Cursor became `red stop circle` for most buttons
  • Playbar buttons worked

Hey @owensaundersemail,

Could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?
Does this always occur after ~2 hours of playback and does it get triggered by a specific action or does the app just break?

Before we do any additional troubleshooting, we'd also recommend checking if your GPU drivers are up to date.
We'll be on the lookout for your response.
Thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts