Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][help] I want to create a username

Solved!

[Desktop][help] I want to create a username

I've just signed up with my new email today, and I typed the username I thought I had in the search bar and nothing came up.

I went to my account settings to fix the issue and saw that my username was randomly generated, As you can see I've clicked edit profile but the username option does not show up.

I've read a few posts about this issue, but I cannot find anything useful.

I keep seeing 'Display name' but that isn't what I am looking for.

I would like to create a real username, but how do I do this?

I've attached some images below to help you get an idea of what I am dealing with.

[Star Edit - Images contain Personal Info]

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Nenjaye,

Spotify randomly generates usernames and there is no way to change this process, you are able to create a display name which acts a little differently you can't use this to sign in but others in the app will be able to see your custom name. For info on how to do this check this out

Just a note, Spotify search results are based off of demand therefore it's not guaranteed that when someone searches for you that you'll appear in the search results. I'd recommend taking a look over these recommended steps

I have also removed your screenshot as it contains your username which Spotify consider as personal information 🙂

Any questions, I'm here to help.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @Nenjaye,

Spotify randomly generates usernames and there is no way to change this process, you are able to create a display name which acts a little differently you can't use this to sign in but others in the app will be able to see your custom name. For info on how to do this check this out

Just a note, Spotify search results are based off of demand therefore it's not guaranteed that when someone searches for you that you'll appear in the search results. I'd recommend taking a look over these recommended steps

I have also removed your screenshot as it contains your username which Spotify consider as personal information 🙂

Any questions, I'm here to help.

Suggested posts