Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Device limit reached (even logout everywhere)

Device limit reached (even logout everywhere)

Hi,

I am a premium subscriber with family plan. I don't know what happened after i download my playlist. Suddenly the spotify app is notifying that i have reached device limit. I just formatted my phone as well as log out everywhere. I also removed an account associated to my plan. Please help. I'm a long time user and this happened only this time and it **bleep** me off because i mostly travel with my device offline that's why I purchased a plan for my family. Thanks in advanced.

-Jeff

3 Replies

Hey, @legaspiepoy 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Note that the Sign out everywhere function doesn't have an effect on partner devices (e.g. speakers, games consoles, and TVs). So, I recommend you double-check if it isn't the case here. To revoke access to your account from these kinds of devices, you need to go to your apps page and choose REMOVE ACCESS.

You can also, double-check if the account you 'signed out everywhere' is the same you're getting the "limit reached" alert.

Stay awesome!

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i am facing the same problem. i did remove all my apps. 

I change to a new phone, but i reset my old phone before logging out of my spotify account. therefore i got the device limit on my new phone. help!

Hey, @antiwong 
Welcome to Spotify Community, and thanks for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear you're facing the same issue. In this scenario, considering you already tried to solve it on your account page without success, the most recommendable is that you contact Spotify Customer Support team. They usually reply within 24-48 hours by email. But you can also tweet to @SpotifyCares on Twitter or message Spotify Cares on Facebook.

Stay awesome! 🙂

If you have further questions or if you need anything else, let me know! I'd love to help!

Regards,
Luan 🇧🇷

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts