Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

Highlighted

Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

Fnxx
Regular

Right so i connected my account - https://open.spotify.com/user/fenix%5B%E4%B8%89%E4%B8%83%5D?si=Y7xjTGVARj2RKuKTQ5NUFg to my discord but the songs that are playing wont show in my discord activity,  i made a new account to test it and everything worked fine, so my guess is that i have those characters in my username - fenix[(removed characters)] that are blocking it somehow also my profile link looks broken tbh and i had some issues before when i tried to post it on other sites.

Limk - https://open.spotify.com/user/fenix%5B%E4%B8%89%E4%B8%83%5D?si=Y7xjTGVARj2RKuKTQ5NUFg

please help 😞

74332e437947897d471671639d4d1c94.png
23 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

IguanaSetup
Community Legend

Hey, @Fnxx -

Did you make sure you turned on your Spotify status on Discord?

Go to User Settings > Connections and turn on 'Display Spotify as your status' under your settings.

Tell me how it goes 🙂

image.jpg
Highlighted

Fnxx
Regular

I did, did everything i could find, even contacted discord support.

Highlighted

IguanaSetup
Community Legend

Hey, @Fnxx -

Sorry for the late reply;

First, can you try making a new Discord account and connecting your Spotify account to that account?

Also, please make sure you're not running any background processes those are detected by discord.

If you are playing a game(or other programs) that Discord detects, the game will take precedence and Spotify won't show as your status;

Check this out for more: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000434772-Spotify-FAQ

Tell me how it goes 🙂

Highlighted

h31s3nb3rg_dll

Hey,

I have the same problem as @Fnxx . My Spotify usernames contains two "^". But I connected my Spotify account to Facebook so it shows my Facebook name on my profile instead  (https://open.spotify.com/user/%5Espotifykonto%5E?si=knSwoqJwRvaJ6u6TWfHzEw). I have tried connecting different Spotify accounts to Discord that didn't contain any **bleep** characters and it worked just fine. But I don't want to use a different Spotify account since I have Spotify Premium on my normal Account and I don't want to loose all my playlists. 

Highlighted

IguanaSetup
Community Legend

Hey, @h31s3nb3rg_dll -

If your username has characters such as <, >, {, ] in it, it is possible that you're experiencing connection issues with Spotify and Discord.

However, you can set up a new Spotify account and have the Support team to transfer your data so you can connect Spotify with Discord;

You can reach out to Spotify Support via Twitter or Facebook.

Thank you 🙂

Highlighted

Fnxx
Regular
i made a new spotify account and the support guys moved all my playlists
and premium to the new one, still sad about my old account tho 😞
Highlighted

user-removed
Not applicable

I have the same problem and i don't know how to fix, I need help beacuse i don't want to do another account

Highlighted

IguanaSetup
Community Legend

Hey, @user-removed -

If your username has characters such as <, >, {, ] in it, it is possible that you're experiencing connection issues with Spotify and Discord.

However, you can set up a new Spotify account and have the Support team to transfer your data so you can connect Spotify with Discord;

You can reach out to Spotify Support via Twitter or Facebook.

Thank you 🙂

Highlighted

ATROXZ

I had the same problem, but i fixed it by just simply disconnecting Spotify from Discord and reconnect it again. Now it works.

SUGGESTED POSTS