Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does removing the "Profile" app do anything and, if yes, can I give it access again?

Does removing the "Profile" app do anything and, if yes, can I give it access again?

I have connected this account to my Facebook profile to see what my friends are listening to. While browsing my account's approved applications section, I saw an app called "Profile", with the vague description "Allows the profile service to transcode images" and no custom app icon (something I later learned is normal among Spotify API applications) or details about which app's profile service it's supposed to transcode images for. Worried about the possibility of my account being compromised, I removed it but, checking on my desktop app a bit later later, the "Find Friends" button returned a "Sorry, we couldn't find friends to follow" error and, after I closed and reopened the app, I saw it had been disconnected from my Facebook account.

Did my removing the app break something or is it a different issue?

What can I do to fix it?

1 Reply

I think removing the app caused the issue I recommend reinstalling spotify
KyleRRRising Star 1
This week we're celebrating Star Values! #Respect #Inclusion #Support #Teamwork #Fun #Responsibility
If you like my posts, please give them a like or show some support.
We're celebrating Star Values!
If you like my posts, please give them a like or show some support.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts