Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded albums in my library no longer show as downloaded

Downloaded albums in my library no longer show as downloaded

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

When I go to My Library, all my albums are listed but are no longer shown as downloaded. I of course downloaded a bunch of albums to my library so I could listen to them offline, now I must be online to listen to them. Bummer

any ideas appreciated. I am using a galaxy s9

3 Replies

Hi @qar-et_ls4wyp

Than you for reaching out here in the Community!

Anything you download can be found in Your Library. The green arrow indicates a successful download. 

If your downloads were removed:

• You can only download to a maximum of 5 separate devices. If you download to a 6th device, the downloads on the device you first used are removed.
  • Your account needs to go online at least once every 30 days.
  • Reinstalling the app removes any downloads.
  • Check if your Spotify app needs updating
  • Check if there's a problem with your SD card (if your device has one).
  • Check the content's still available on Spotify.

If your tracks won't stay downloaded to your device, I recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app before downloading the tracks again. 

I hope it helps!

Thanks for your help.

I only have spotify on my desktop and my phone - so I should be good there.

I am hooked to the internet most days of the week via Wifi - I assume it automatically syncs to spotify and does whatever it needs to do - so I should be good with the 30 day requirement??

App appears to be updated - automatic updates are enabled

SD card appears fine - all of my music is now noted as "Not Downloaded"  - I assume all of my content would not change to unavailable overnight like this.

I assume I need to reinstall the app - and then reload all of my music from scratch - which will be a chore - will my desktop account save it all - and reload it onto the phone when I log into the reinstalled app??

Thanks

Hi @qar-et_ls4wyp

Thank you getting back to me!

You can also check if there are any offline devices on your account page. If there are any, you can delete them. 

It's advised that you perform clean reinstall on all your devices that you use Spotify app on, just to make sure that the possible cache issues related to your downloads are eliminated. 

Unfortunately, after that you will need to download the content for offline use again. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Suggested posts