Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Editing Artist bio

Solved!

Editing Artist bio

Hi,

can someone please tell me how to format my artist bio? For example: I can't find a way to make line breaks. Spotify just doesn't take them. Basically I can't find a way to edit bios in a way that the changes stay. It now ended with the system just erasing most of the bio I had written - so I took it out completely. 
It really p... me off..
is there a "how-to" somewhere, a hidden code, a simple trick?
HELP !!!

thank you

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @peterbeau!

This page covers frequently asked questions regarding editing your artist bio.  If you have further questions regarding your artist page, I recommend heading to the Spotify for Artists contact page here.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @peterbeau!

This page covers frequently asked questions regarding editing your artist bio.  If you have further questions regarding your artist page, I recommend heading to the Spotify for Artists contact page here.

I hope this helps!

The secret to formatting in the artist bio is to create the whole bio elsewhere first, such as in a word or text document, or draft email, where the formatting and spacing is as you want it. Then, copy and paste the whole thing into the Spotify artist bio box.
It's hopeless to try to edit and format once you are actually in the box. If you need to make changes, cut the whole thing out of the box, edit it elsewhere and paste it back in again!

Has anybody come up with a definitive answer for this? I've tried creating the bio in multiple other text programs and pasting, and I've also tried forcing line breaks through <br> <br /> tags and the line breaks show up when I'm editing the bio but don't show up when I go to the artist page. Any help appreciated!

Hey @admbmb,

Thanks for the post!

It's be best if you reach out to the Artist Support team from the link that @ElainaD has provided. They'd be best equipped to answer your question.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts