Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email notification language

Email notification language

Hi

I am based in Hong Kong and subscribe to Spotify in Hong Kong. The Spotify software lets me set English language but all the email notifications that I receive are in Chinese characters. How can I change the email notification language to English?

thanks

30 Replies

Hi there @Romadu 🙂

I don't believe this is possible, sorry. I shall ask the Spotify team however.

Liam

Hi there. Sorry for the late reply. I checked with some folks and I'm afraid the language can't be changed, sorry 😕

Community Ergo Sum

Hi~ I live in Malaysia and my emails are in Bahasa Malaysia. I'm not very fluent in this language and I hope that Spotify can let us change the email notification language in the future 🙂 

Hi there. I have the same problem as the original poster. I think in countries where there are multiple official languages, there should be ways to opt into one or the other. The US/UK versions of Spotify use English so why can't anyone else? It's terribly inconvenient.

I have exactly the same issue. I had an email today that google offered to translate for me and it was a security warning telling me to update my app - I would have missed out on this because I usually just skip your emails as they're in Chinese. I know its an issue that not many people globaly would have, but since you have my language stored somewhere as English surely you can hook this into your mass email provider and send me at least security or account related emails in the correct language?

Thanks.

Spotify needs to understand that not all users in a specific country speak or read all native languages.

This must be user configurable. I also live in Hong Kong where both Chinese and English are official languages.

As I don't read Chinese it is hard to figure out if your chinese emails are important or not. Even payment transaction notifications are in Chinese.

Make the language option in the notifications configurable.

This goes for a lot of Asian countries as well as European countries where more than 1 language are used.

(e.g. Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Switserland, Belgium, etc...) 

Fully agree. So impersonal and a huge disappointment in the Spotify experience when you can't even be communicated to in your own languages. Especially if that language is a national language of the country you are in, but Spotify doesn't support notifications in it!! (For example, English in Hong Kong)

This problem still exists 3 years later. Does Spotify not think it is important?

Seems like they're ignoring this.. I'm pretty disappointed that I have to slog my way through each of the e-mails they send. It makes my head spin. I really hope they start implementing language selection for emails instead of deciding for everyone what language they should know how to read. This is so unprofessional.

Hmm - have the same issue - clearly Spotify is not addressing it 

same issue here in Belgium 😞

Application in English, mails in French...

SPOTIFY GUYS

WAKE UP

THIS IS NOT SO HARD!

COMMUNITY GUYS, TELL IT TO YOUR PROGRAMMER COLLEAGUES , PLEASE ACT ABOUT IT ! 

CHOP! CHOP!

ETS GO!

SHALL I RECOMMEND YOU A PROGRAMMER THAT CAN DO IT? 😄

Cheers!

the silence of spotify is the worst, even an honest answer saying, "we will not fix it in the near future" would already be a good thing...

Our family is having the same problem in Hong Kong. We applied in English and receive all set up emails in Chinese. Useless to us

Spotify please take action !!!!

I have the same issue, I live in Malaysia but I'm not malaysian, I don't understand the language and all the emails come in Malay. I have to then, go to my PC, copy paste the email into a translator, and then finally get what it means. Please do something about this, at least respond...

I am getting all of my emails in German all the sudden. I am not and have never been to Germany. I guess the only solution is to turn off ALL emails from spotify until they figure out how to add this functionality.

This is super annoying now that new release notifications come through emails... I guess I will use the 3rd party site swarm.fm until they can figure it out.

I AM a software developer if you guys need help implementing it.  🙂

Don't sleep spotify!

Same issue here.

I speak Dutch, live in Belgium, work in the capital city, where the main language is French. All e-mails I receive are in French although I'm not French!? 

Also, some advertising is in French too... Seems like your throwing away some of your advertisers money, no?

This is, in this modern day and age, very user unfriendly and unprofessional. 

Now I know I am not the only person facing this frustrated issue.

I am really surprise that Spotify team totally ignore a real practical issue raised by their concern subscribers, I supposed they are either being complacent or they are all ZZZZZZZZZZ

Suggested posts