Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email notification language

Email notification language

Hi

I am based in Hong Kong and subscribe to Spotify in Hong Kong. The Spotify software lets me set English language but all the email notifications that I receive are in Chinese characters. How can I change the email notification language to English?

thanks

30 Replies

I'm in Singapore and I get emails in Chinese. Any way to set it to English?

I am also getting only Chinese emails from Spotify, which to me is junk spam as I cannot understand. If you cannot fix this issue, please take me off your email mailing list as I do not want to waste time deleting spam.

Please do pass this issue on to the spotify team - I've seen this discussion in the forums for 3-4years and nothing has been done. I'm in Hong Kong, my app/desktop login etc are all in English but all emails are in Chinese. So basically I just delete them and have no idea what spotify are trying to communicate.

Same here, very annoying!
Sort it out Spotify!!

I also live in Hong Kong.

I was reading the email using the Gmail web interface

and that offered me to translate the email with Google Translate.

It was about a survey which I would be very happy to fill out,

but that's also in Cantonese, so I can't help...

Screen Shot 2017-04-27 at 2.30.42 PM.png

Hey Spotify, I'm also in the same boat... living in the German part of Switzerland but don't speak German. I'm not sure which email marketing software you're using but most have the option to filter mail by tags or custom fields. Might be worth adding this as an option for users to update their preference and select a notification language which you can use for autoresponders etc.

i have same problem unable to read emails which come in Chinese

Gosh ! it's almost July in 2017 (4 years after the original post) and i am still having the same problem! 

I am paying for a premium family package in Hong Kong; however their email notifications / email invites are all in Chinese which my family can't read! 

Sportify ought to do something about this !! 

Same problem in Belgium. English speaker receiving emails in Flemish.

It's even worse for me. I live in the French part of Switzerland yet receive my emails in German! How stupid! How come every other basic application lets me select my preferred language, especially in a country like Switzerland where there are generally four languages spoken!

It's Jan 2018 and incredible that Spotify hasn't corrected this yet. Invited a family member to my premium family plan and the email is in Chinese! We live in Hong Kong where the official language is cantonese and there are 100 of thousands of English speaking expats. We want emails in English so an option to change the language should be possible for the account. FIx it Spotify!

Suggested posts