Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Email won't change

Solved!

Email won't change

I have spotify registered through facebook, around a month ago I changed my facebook email but it still hasn't updated on spotify. I tried changing it again to other email but with no results.

I want to change my mail before I try premium service.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The best thing you can do if you lost access to the email you had on your facebook account is contact spotify support. https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

They can transfer everything from your facebook spotify account to a new one. It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours to answer but after that the process is really quick.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Me three... you ever get this figured out? 

Hey There, This Might Help

Go To https://www.spotify.com/us/account/overview/ and Log In With Facebook

At Account Overview ,You Can Edit Your Profile and Change Your Email Address There.

If That Solved Your Question, Please Click ''Accept As Solution''
Thanks 🙂

Hi there, this does not solve this issue.

The following message appears:

You can edit your email address, gender, and birthday on your Facebook account page.

Please cna someone help with this?

Anyone solved this nasty issue? 😞

No Im having the same issue. I've had Facebook since its inception when it was only for college users. Incidentally, the email I used on my facebook account was an old college email that I can no longer access. I need to change my email to recieve the verification and set up my separate login and password.

I am having the same problem. I changed my Facebook email address over a year ago and it is not updated in Spotify. I dissaccoiated Spotify from Facebook and when I log it it make me active the assoication again with Facebook still pulling in the wrong email address.

has anyone figured out the solution to this problem? 😞

Spotify,

I am having exactly the same issue and it is rather frustrating. Please solve this ASAP.

Thanks

Boris

I got the same problem.

It seems that you have to cacel your Spotify account and star all over again.

FRUSTRATING!!!

It's shame that this issue has not been solved yet. I was about to purchase Premium and wanted to update my email address because of that. Is there a way to contact the right people in Spotify so this could be resolved?

I'm also having this problem, I emailed spotify about this but the email sent with my OLD address, so whenever they reply I'll have no way of knowing, I have a lot of created playlists on my account (including one I'll be using for my 21st birthday this year which has accumulated over 200 songs) and having to create a new account and start afresh would be extremely frustrating.

SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Marked as solution

The best thing you can do if you lost access to the email you had on your facebook account is contact spotify support. https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

They can transfer everything from your facebook spotify account to a new one. It usually takes between 24 to 48 hours to answer but after that the process is really quick.

Good luck!

No one has lost access to the emails on their Facebook account.  They CHANGED those emails.  What won't change are the old, original email addresses that were on Facebook accounts when they linked to brand new Spotify accounts.

I am on a family Premium account. Spotify is connected with Facebook. Facebook has my new email address. Yet, Spotify is showing my old (work there no longer/no access) email address.  

I don't know if this will help, as I haven't gotten an answer yet, but you can find your Spotify User ID this way: 

On your front page of Facebook, look in the left hand column.  

Click on Apps, which will bring up App Settings.  Go to Logged in with Facebook and find Spotify.  Click the little pencil icon to EDIT. Click on Remove Info Collected By the App (2nd item from the bottom right now), then click on: How do I contact the developer of an app or game?  Then scroll down to the link: Finding your user ID.

Same problem here. Changed my email in Facebook and Spotify still shows and uses my old email.. Any solution? 

Yeah, I have this problem too. The problem is everytime I try to report this issue, they will reply to my old email address which was deleted. Doesn't Spotify have online customer service whom we can contact directly? 

Hey people, Spotify wont listen to you.

I have the same problem, I want my Spotify offers to deliver to my new email.

I tried everything like you. And I even sent them a ticket which gave me an stupid answer to search the community questions to see if others have the same problem.

I am just thinking they may have literacy problem and they cant read what we are asking for beacuse with this amount of request it is impossible not to notice what users want and this inaction can just be labeled as poor support.

Suggested posts