Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Error Code 17

Error Code 17

I have reinstalled it which i thought would fix the problem. but it didn't. So now i'm hare cus i didn't find any other way to contact the spotify staff. What do i do with this porblem? I have updated my firewall and my PC and everything. What do i do now to fix it?

14 Replies

Hello @petter_96720!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, I'm here to help.

You can try these methods and, hopefully, it will work:

1. In windows, you should try to execute the application with the compability tab checked (Right click in the Spotify Icon, properties, compatibility with Windows XP ).

2. After any update or after unistall Spotify and to run a new Install it stay stacked, so just execute the Windows Registry (Type regedit in the text field that appears in the Start Menu in Windows 7/Vista), then just go to Edit, and Search... and then delete all the keys you can find with the word Spotify (be careful to don't delete any other that don't say exactly that) and then you also should try to delete the folder "Spotify" created under the user folder in this route C:\Users\CHANGETHISFORTHEUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming.

If this didn't solve the problem, make sure to reply. I'll se what I can suggest next. Have a nice day, Jose 😉

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It didn't work. Still says the same thing

Hey @petter_96720, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

You can read this thread as ti might help with the issue you're having 🙂

Hope it helps!

That one did not work for me because i did not understand it

Sorry to hear it's still not working. I found out that some people could solve this error by using this method:

1. Uninstall spotify (*When uninstalling it, some registry files will not be deleted, therefore creating this problem)

2. Install Ccleaner (Computer cleaner software) to detect the broken or empty files in the registry

3. Run the registry cleaner in the software after installing it (about 2-3 times just to be sure it cleans it completely)

4. Go to the Spotify website and download Spotify again.

Hope this helps, let me know if that helps 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Why can’t I share playlists on Messenger? 

Will someone plz. answer me? No one’s has answered me. I’ve asked for help and no one. Y can’t I share playlists on Messenger? 

No one’s ever been so rude on Spotify. Y do I need to ask if someone will help me? U should come help when I ask for it. Y can’t I share playlists on Spotify? 

It works now, but idk y they wouldn’t allow u to before. Thanks for not helping me, but it works, so I don’t need it anymore. Just wish u’d actually help me and answer ?s instead of ignore me. 

Hello @kehajna213,

I'm glad to hear it's working again. Sorry for not being able to answer earlier (we're not available always). If you want to get a better answer next time, I'd recommend creating a new topic for your questions.

Have a nice day, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hey @petter_96720,

Sorry that it wasn't that clear!

Could you try this one?

Just follow this:

1. Open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. Go to File - Open and navigate to

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like

0.0.0.0 website.com
127.0.0.1 website2.com

Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:

0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com
0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net 

(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

That didn't work either. Starting to get kinda tired odd this too. i just wanna listen to music

so. what now? i believe i have tried everything. i have looked on google and there is nothing. the only thing that might work would be if i got the correct proxy settings or something

Hello, can you let me know:

- Does this also happen when you try to log in with another account?

- Can you try to log in in another device with that Spotify account and let us know if that works?

That way we'll be able to know if that's a problem with your account or your device/Spotify.

You can also check this solved topic about error 17, that might help.

Cheers, Jose.

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts