Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Extended Storage Issues

Extended Storage Issues

Premium Plan

Moto G6 Android 9

Hi guys,

I have a Moto G6, 32 GB with an SD Card of 128 GB, which I have configured as "Extended Storage" (fyi, https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/127856/p/30,6720,10385). Every app works great with this setup, except Spotify.

When I install Spotify or I clear Spotify's storage, and I login for the first time, it recognized the extend storage perfectly, showing I have about 160 GB in total. In fact, I can start downloading most of my playlists with no issues.

The problem is that when I reboot the phone, for some strange reason Spotify doesn't recognize the extended storage, only the main storage (only 32 GB). So if I had previously downloaded my playlists, it starts from scratch and there isn't enough space to finish this in the main storage.

The weird thing is that I have tried with Spotify Lite, and this issues does not occur. However, I do not like Spotify Lite, it is just too simple.

I have also configured my SD Card as portable storage and the issues disappears, however, I do prefer my SD setup as extended storage.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.

2 Replies

Hey @andresjgomez,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and are looking into, but we don't have an exact time frame for a fix.

You can find out more about it in this Ongoing Issue thread.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Although I must say that it is unbelievable that this has not been fixed, as your response shows this issue was discovered almost a year ago, if not more!

Just to make it clear, this is almost a 1 year bug (al least!), not a feature request.

I hope you fix this soon and make it a priority with a date.

Thanks

Suggested posts