Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Extended Storage Issues

Extended Storage Issues

Premium Plan

Moto G6 Android 9

Hi guys,

I have a Moto G6, 32 GB with an SD Card of 128 GB, which I have configured as "Extended Storage" (fyi, https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/127856/p/30,6720,10385). Every app works great with this setup, except Spotify.

When I install Spotify or I clear Spotify's storage, and I login for the first time, it recognized the extend storage perfectly, showing I have about 160 GB in total. In fact, I can start downloading most of my playlists with no issues.

The problem is that when I reboot the phone, for some strange reason Spotify doesn't recognize the extended storage, only the main storage (only 32 GB). So if I had previously downloaded my playlists, it starts from scratch and there isn't enough space to finish this in the main storage.

The weird thing is that I have tried with Spotify Lite, and this issues does not occur. However, I do not like Spotify Lite, it is just too simple.

I have also configured my SD Card as portable storage and the issues disappears, however, I do prefer my SD setup as extended storage.

Thanks in advance for your help and ideas.

2 Replies

Hey @andresjgomez,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

This is an issue which we're aware of and are looking into, but we don't have an exact time frame for a fix.

You can find out more about it in this Ongoing Issue thread.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. Although I must say that it is unbelievable that this has not been fixed, as your response shows this issue was discovered almost a year ago, if not more!

Just to make it clear, this is almost a 1 year bug (al least!), not a feature request.

I hope you fix this soon and make it a priority with a date.

Thanks

Suggested posts