Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Facebook Username stopped displaying and got replaced with device username for no reason

Solved!

Facebook Username stopped displaying and got replaced with device username for no reason

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung Galaxy J2

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I used to have my Spotify display my Facebook name as my username. I registered the account with Facebook a long time ago. But all of a sudden, just about a month ago, I think. It replaced it with random numbers and letters (my device username) and my picture disappeared. I tried to ask my friend to look for my old name in his Spotify but it is also gone. I thought it might've been a bug or something. I logged out and logged in again but the issue is still there. Even up to now. Please, help me out. Thank you 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Zafiros.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Give it 48 hours and your information should be displayed again.

Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there, happy new year!

I'm sorry that you're having problems atm.

Have you tried to reconnect your Facebook to your spotify account. There may be a problem  with your Facebook. Otherwise, this article may help you

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Spotify-Isn-t-Displaying-My-Facebook-Name/td-p/4551211

Have a good day!

Marked as solution

Hey @Zafiros.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Could you login on the website and go to Privacy Settings? Check if you have opted out of Spotify processing your Facebook data. When you opt out there, it keeps your account usable but it will stop using a lot of data, for example your name. You can read here what information exactly.

Log in on your Facebook profile as well and make sure that you have granted Spotify access to your personal information, for example your friends list.

Give it 48 hours and your information should be displayed again.

Hope it works. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thank you so much, I tried it out and it did work. 

Suggested posts