Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Account

Family Account

Is there any option to create some sort of family plan. I have 4 people in my family that use the mobile application, but we do want to be charged 4 seperate times a month for the premium service. Currently we are constantly getting the message that spotify has been paused because the account is used somewhere else. I would be willing to pay a little extra for this convience. Any thoughts?

61 Replies

or try this us-version (i dont know what languages Spotify supports)

https://www.spotify.com/us/family/overview/

https://www.spotify.com/de/family/overview/

One of this links will work

Thanks Blue_Lagoon, but when I click that link, it says  "It appears this account does not have an associated family plan."

Are you logged in to the same account which you used as you upgraded to premium? And received you an Order-Confirmation from Spotify?

It's come to my attention that the Spotify Family plan is not yet available in Canada, which is REALLY unfortunate and ultimately the reason for my issue.

I'm having trouble getting my wife logged into my family account as a family member. There seems to be no way to contact Spotify directly and get help on this. Spotify sent her an invitation but the directions they provide don't work. The screen keeps asking her to sign in with a password which she hasn't yet created. If she uses my name and password, I can't play Spotify on my computer at the same time. We're very frustrated. HELP!

That's my dilema. I can't seem to get my wife signed in even though I've upgraded to a "Family Plan". It only had me send her a link and then it wants a username and password that she hasn't created yet.

C'mon Spotify...Pull you head out and offer some support!

Quick question, I have the Family Premium account but having problem when my family listening to music I get the same music, almost like we're having the same account? Are you only able to listen one account at the time and if someone is listening you have to listen to same music? If it's like that the Family Premium account is quiet **bleep**ty cause it doesn't say anywhere.

Each family member has to create its own account. Is that the case?

No the thing is that they have their own account. The thing is that we can't listen more than one at the time, so for example when my wife goes on to the app my music stops on the desktop app and I can see her music it's not playing but in devices it says that she's listening from her phone and if i press play I get her music on my computer and her music stops.

Really, that occurs, when the devices are logged in with the same account.
I know that.

If i login to spotify on my android with Account "xy" and if i login to
spotify on my desktop with Account "xy", the music on android stops und
starts on my desktop.
So, check which accounts are logged in on each device ..

Yeah she's on her account that she created when I invited her to the Family Premium. So now we can't use our account at the same time, but it seems that is a "device" bugg it seems. But It's **bleep**ing impossible to get the hold of Spotify and report it.

Hey. I used to have premium and shared with my daughter. Now i got family so all family can use. But my daughter still have the same as before. Don't get to her own eventhough i shared to her email. We can't listen at the same time. It's like before. What to do??

Hi,

as far as i know, your daughter has to create her own account. And then you have to invite her to your/the family-account.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hi, 

I recently started using the Family account function. But I am only using it for my girlfriend, and suddenly the other accounts was filled in by users that i have no idea who is... It looks like someone has access to my account and is able to invite their own friends/family. I have tried all the "Idiotproof" support options from Spotify, such as logging out everywhere, changing password on my FB-account and my email-account. But the same users keeps getting access to my family account. Does anabody have a solution to this problem, it is getting anoying and i have little faith in the support capabilities from Spotify, or at least Spotifys wishes to protect there users.

Terrible - - what lies - my husband will be upset to find out Spotify duped him - - said special plan & - he could add family members - but no way to do it ! - how sick of Spotify to lie like this !

Can all five members of my family listen to music on each of their devices at the same time on the family plan?

Yes. You and up to 5 family members.

Yes. You and up to 5 family members.

My family members can't log in to the family premium account. Can you help me?

Yes they can

Suggested posts