Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family Plan downgrade - what happens to the admin acct?

Solved!

Family Plan downgrade - what happens to the admin acct?

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung phones

My Question or Issue

Hi, thinking of upgrading to Family Premium due to current situation, partner and I are both WFH and as we both share 1 account we have to choose who gets music on while we work.

I understand how upgrading works, and all that jazz, what I was wondering is when it comes to downgrading what happens? Do the separate accounts retain all their playlists but one would be on a normal premium plan and one go back to free?

Don't want to do it if in 3 months time it means I'm going to lose all my playlists etc when downgrading back to a normal premium acct

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @CircleThinker,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I want to add a few things to @Nico's reply.

The Premium Family is a subscription meant for family members who live in the same country and resign under the same address.

In order for it to function correctly, each member should have their own Free or Premium account while only one (the owner  who pays) needs to upgrade their account and send invites to who ever it is that lives with them.

With that being said, in case the owner of the plan wants to cancel the mutual account, all member's account will revert back to their previous subscription keeping them as they where the whole time.

You can always read about the plan on this official info and help of the plan.

Hope this shed some more light 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @CircleThinker! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

No worries!

Yes, everyone gets to keep their playlists even after a downgrade.

The only thing that changes is their subscription status. Each individual account can regularly subscribe to Premium again and will keep their playlists.

Let me know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

Marked as solution

Hi @CircleThinker,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

I want to add a few things to @Nico's reply.

The Premium Family is a subscription meant for family members who live in the same country and resign under the same address.

In order for it to function correctly, each member should have their own Free or Premium account while only one (the owner  who pays) needs to upgrade their account and send invites to who ever it is that lives with them.

With that being said, in case the owner of the plan wants to cancel the mutual account, all member's account will revert back to their previous subscription keeping them as they where the whole time.

You can always read about the plan on this official info and help of the plan.

Hope this shed some more light 🙂

Thanks very much!

Hi @CircleThinker,

No worries. 

Feel free to reply back to the post if there's anything else we can assist you with.

@Nico and i would love to lend a hand 🙂

Suggested posts