Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Family and Connect

Family and Connect

Hi spotify Community

We are thinking of moving to a spotify family (5 users)

We have several devices in our house which we use for connect.....

How does that work, obviously the connect devices are logged in as 'a user' - Say User A

Can user B - who is part of the family subscription still connect and play to one of these connect devices?  Otherwise it will be mythem!!

Thanks in advance.

24 Replies

This is broken for my family too.  We have multiple accounts under a spotify family plan and a single device.  Only the user who is signed into our streaming device caz use spotify connect on it.  It doesn't show up on any one else's accounts.  Very frustrating having to log out and in on the streaming device just to listen to some music.  SPOTIFY PLEASE FIX

Agreed, if you are in the family "circle of trust" then members need the ability to inter-connect if the individual family account allows for it. It currently seems very anti-family to not allow connect functionality between members. This feature is much needed IMHO.

At the moment I'm using the following solution which gives me exactly what I wanted: I have a Raspberry Pi running LibreELEC (Kodi mediacentre). I had this device set up already before for making my old TV a smart TV. However, the TV does not need to run for listening music with this device. Within LibreELEC there is an Add-on called 'librespot'. Running this Add-on the Raspberry Pi-LibreELEC will be recognised by any device running Spotify in the same network and any user can use it via SpotifyConnect. You are no longer restricted to a single user. Works really nice and even if you leave the room or turn off your phone the music still keeps playing because the raspberry pi is running the stream itself.

Smilax, I have precisely the same problem, except I'm the locked-out one:  My wife is logged into Spotify on her phone and the mac mini all day and can remote control the music on the mac mini to her heart's content, and I never can.  I used to use an app called 'remoteless' to have some rudimentary pause-play-forward-backward-volume control, but that app's gone.  I've stopped playing Spotify on our media server for the most part because of this.

Spotify, please get a solution here.  It's been years!!!

Yes, please. We need this feature, too.

Suggested posts