Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Solved!

Forgot password, not getting reset email.

Hey Spotify,

Here's the situation: 

I have been a happy Spotify Premium customer for many months now. My computer's harddrive was replaced resulting in needing to reinstall Spotify. For the past week I have had Spotify working perfectly on my iPhone and signed in to my Premium account. Once I reinstalled Spotify onto my computer I could not remember my account password. I requested the password but have not recieved the email to reset it for many days. (It is not in a junk folder, I just haven't gotten it) Desperate to get it working, I signed in through Facebook. I think by doing this I have mistakenly opened a new account seperate from my old Spotify account. It does not have any of my playlists from my phone or any of my saved music on it. I thought if I signed up for Premium again on my computer account the info would be transfered from my iPhone. I think I stupidly signed up for two seperate Premium accounts and am now stuck paying for it on the account I cannot access because I lost the password and Spotify isn't responding to me. 

Why have I not receieved the email to reset my password? How do I access my account that isn't through FB? Can I cancel one of the accounts and get my money back for the Premium I have just mistakenly signed up for? (or could I put it towards a month in the future on the right account?)

Customer service has not responded to me so I hope to get answers from this. I wish Spotify has a customer service phone number.

PLEASE HELP! 

Thank you,

Sarah

67 Replies

Im also having the same problem "sarahkw" did, iv got no email from trying to reset my password

@pete4495 wrote:

Im also having the same problem "sarahkw" did, iv got no email from trying to reset my password

If you get in touch with the team using this form someone will be able to get that done manually for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have forgoten my email for username to reset my password.please help me I am paying premium and I want to cancel it is there any way I can or find my email adress or cancel payment

Patrick.g

@patrickgwyther - the Patrick.g account is currently only on a 48-hour trial so won't be charged at all.

Your Premium account seems to be connected to a Facebook account so if you use your Facebook details to log in, you should get access to that account. It looks like you've cancelled your subscription already though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Is there any another accounts using my card?

That's something our payments team will need to look into for you. Get in touch here.

<<Snip>> Patrick Gwyther

[Edit - Removing card details - Peter]

@patrickgwyther if you get in touch using the link adam posted above someone in the Spotify team will be able to get this sorted out for you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have made a spotify account im paying premium forgot password and username along with email need help to cancel payment or get back in to my account

My son wants to know what his email os for patcake

@patrickgwyther - to find an account that you don't know the username or email address for, you'll need to get in touch with our payments team. It's not something we can sort out on the Community. Get in touch here. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

Hey spotify my name is alicia sorenson and ive tried every username and password possible but cant seem to get into my spotify premium account im so lost idk what to do 

Spoiler
😞
Spoiler

Hi. Have you tried resetting your password following the steps here ? 

Right now i am on a free triel account, because i have forgot my password to my premium triel. I have tryed to reset my password, but i do not get any reset mail. What do i do. I have tryed to writhe to spotify, but they do not response.

Helene

@hslc did you not get an automated email when you used the contact form? If your original account was created with a facebook login, you would need to reset your facebook password, by the way.

I have three acounts and is called pure-fawking-metal and I forgot the password yet it wont send a messege to my email and its annoying because I really would like to listen to my music. Just saying. Ive tried alot of the things listed.

I am having the same issue. i forgot the email i used. my user name is bigshadc, can you please help me. everytime i try and retrieve a reset password request i get no resset password email. 

Hi

I've cancelled by FB account and now I can't log on to spotify. I did register my account by ordinary email not FB.

However the password reset does not work. I have created this account to ba able to write here. 

The account that I want to use again is "rignellafella" with old_luxor@hotmail.com as adress.

Please help!

Hi

I've cancelled by FB account and now I can't log on to spotify. I did register my account by ordinary email not FB.

However the password reset does not work. I have created this account to ba able to write here. 

The account that I want to use again is "rignellafella" with old_luxor@hotmail.com as adress.

Please help!

It was a premium account and I've lost all my playlists

Suggested posts