Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Fraudulent Credit Card Charges No Way to Contact Spotify!!

Fraudulent Credit Card Charges No Way to Contact Spotify!!

My credit card is being fraudulently used for a Spotify monthly subscription.

I need to contact Spotify so they may stop the subscription.

I do not have a spotify account, I've never had a spotify account.

Signing into get customer service on forum boards when I don't and never have had an account?

Cuuuuhrazy!

There is NO WHERE to contact Spotify to notify them that the account holder has fraudulently used my credit card for an account. 

I attempted to use the "customer service" form.

There is no sub-category that states fraudulent use of credit card. 

What kind of company does not have a customer service support telephone company?

How to move forward?

23 Replies

Get in touch here and the team can lend a hand:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-account/

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

If you believe this is fraudulent usage of your card, I would strongly suggest you get in touch with your bank to cancel the card. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I already contacted my credit card company.

They state that this is a subscription and will keep coming thru unless it's stopped by Spotify. 

Doesn't do much good to file fraudulent if I have to continue to do this monthly as the charges continue. 

Thank you for the link for contacting Spotify directly. 

It should be easier to find and I'm very thankful for your help. 

Kind Regards,

Donna

a/k/a SouthernJewel

I'm so fed up with Spotify. I have had a Premium account for almost 3 years, and for the last 5 months, I can only play on my mobile devices.  I've followed all the community help advice and it is still not resolved.  Someone at Spotify, you've got 48 hours to resolve this or contact me with a real human, or I'm cancelling and never looking back....Oh, I'm very good at getting the word out - for good or bad....Is anyone listening!!!

@SailOnSailor This is not an official support channel. 

If you use the online contact form , someone at Spotify will help get this sorted. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

I have never signed up for Spotify and I am being fraudulently charged on my crdit card. I am astonished that there is NO way to contact them -- there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.. This is despicable-- and if I ever thought of subscribing this has completely wiped that idea out of my head. CROOKS!!!!@

@Regimsee wrote:

I have never signed up for Spotify and I am being fraudulently charged on my crdit card. I am astonished that there is NO way to contact them -- there is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.. This is despicable-- and if I ever thought of subscribing this has completely wiped that idea out of my head. CROOKS!!!!@

Hey there @Regimsee, welcome to the community. 

Please contact Spotify directly here. If you receive a "No-reply" email, just reply back to it and you'll be connected to an agent that'll be more than happy to assist you.

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

My credit card is also being fraudulently used for a Spotify monthly subscription.  I have no account and never heard of this service until now.  I don't even listen to music other than in my car.

I need to contact Spotify so these charges can be refunded and stopped.  Charged three times on one day.

The Webiste is useless!!  I had to sign in to post this message, but do not want any services.  Signing in to just get customer service on forum boards when I don't and never have had an account.

There is NO Way to contact Spotify to notify them that my credit card is being charged for a subscription I do not have.  What about a telephone number or customer service department.  This has to be a scam!!

I have completed a contact form, with no response.  I have contacted my credit card holder and will shutting down the account to avoid further charges, but I am still entitled to a refund!

An immediate response is required or I will take whatever legal action is necessary, including filing a lawsuit for accessing my credit card without permission.

I will joing in your Lawsuit...

I suggest you contact support so they can help:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

My credit card has also been getting charged monthly by an account in Stockholm. I have done the free trial only and have been trying to find a customer support outlet on their website for over an hour. Extremely unimpressed. I have had to cancel my credit card and order a new one in order to stop being charged. Not happy.

This is more a warning. I recently recieved an sms (!) claiming it was from spotify: "Premium". Looked genuine also on net. But it is a scam. A fraud in your name, Spotify. Help yourselves.

This is exactly my problem!  Capital One couldn't even contact them.  What to do other than cancel the card.  What a pain.

I have this same problem I cannot find out how to stop this and its been going on for over a year with each month a 10.79 charge. I never signed up and have never used it. I cannot find a way to cancel something that even on their sight under my name it says I havent signed up. How can they get access to my card without me saying I want this??? I have contacted them via the contact form and they just refer me back to thier sight where there is no way to get help. This is a terrible company 

I have gotten another card and the charge keeps going onto the new card!!! 

This company is Crooked!

They hit my checking account via my debit card.

I don't have a Spotify account, nor would I.

Does Spotify require a pin number to charge a card?

How did this company get my Debit Card information!

They are crooks and there is no one to contact!!!

I am report this to our DA.

Class Action Suit should be brought against these Crooks!

Wow, I don't....didn't have any account. Created one JUST TO LET THEM KNOW MY CARD IS BEING CHARGED!!! I have the screenshots of the emails. I hate spotify....evenmoreso now!!! On top of that they don't have an email nor a phone for contacting customer service!! I'm sure its them hacking into our bank accounts. I tried looking for an email...nothing but links to Nowhere!!  

I hate spotify with a passion!!! I'm also going to report them to itunes and sending the screenshot of their fraudulent emails and theft!!  

I contacted Apple....they're going to investigate these con artists!!!

Apple Spotify Charges.JPG
No Account With Spotify.JPG
Spotify User Notification.JPG

I'm in on the lawsuit...they're doing the same thing to me. I attached the screenshots of the fraudulent emails and charges on another forum thread. It's the ONLY  way to contact these people. I've also reported them to itunes and they're investigating. I will . I've never liked spotify and hate them evenmoreso now. I had to create an account JUST TO GET IN CONTACT WITH SUPPORT and still could not find help with these charges. This is the very reason they do things underhandedly. They are frauds and if itunes continues to associate with these people....I'm crossing over to samsung. They are nothing but con artists and scammers. 

somebody stole my credit card details and set up Spotify subcription. How can I contact Spotify to cancel this subscription that they dont try to take my money every month?

I tried everything i seem to struggle to find a way how to contact them please help 

Same happened to me. how did you resolve this pleasE? im desperate 😞 

Suggested posts