Friend Feed failed to load

Highlighted

Re: Friend Feed failed to load

toohbeyy
Music Fan

I also just used Charles Web Debugging Proxy and discovered that the requests send to https://spclient.wg.spotify.com actually do get a 200 response.

Highlighted

lamonewaraweki

i have this problem too, i tried uninstall and reinstall spotify, after reinstall friend feed back to work, but after i exit and open spotify again friend feed not working again.

Highlighted

toohbeyy
Music Fan

I also completely removed Spotify from my firewall settings and added it again, still no difference.
I just used Charles Web Debugging Proxy again with an SSL certificate to record the SSL connection the Spotify Client does to the https://spclient.wg.spotify.com domain and discovered that if I force the friend feed to reload (by dis- and then re-enabling the right sidebar) I am actually getting a 1874 bytes sized response including the 372 bytes of the TSL handshake, leaving a body with a size of 1502 bytes.

Highlighted

DURNK
Casual Listener

Ugh, I think i found a more permanent workaround instead of deleting abba.
So what you have to do is go into C:\Users\(urNAME)\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\(urNAME)-user.
Here find abba.json and open it up with a text editor.
You will see a long string of Flags, all you have to do is delete the first    "{"    (literally the first character).
Save, exit and right click on adda.json, select peroperties, here check the "Read Only" box and click apply.
Open up Spotify and see if it worked!

Highlighted

Magic_Turtle_

I was having the same issue and tried to redownload Spotify and found that there's only an error when i use the windows store version. Once I installed it from the spotify website worked. It doesn't explain why it didnt work on Linux. (this is the link)

Highlighted

chefbigdxg_

I've been having this problem for over a month now and deleting the abba.json file before I launched spotify seemed to work; activity feed was still inaccurate but it's better than nothing. However, after updating Spotify my workaround stopped functioning.

I uninstalled spotify, reinstalled it through the Windows store and after that the Spotify website. Still does not work, in fact, the abba.json file doesn't get created anymore at all.

Highlighted

toohbeyy
Music Fan

@DURNK Hey, I tried your workaround but sadly it didn't seem to work for me. I did notice a change with the abba.json though, before the last update, Spotify would show the "Hmm..."-Errormessage if there were no abba.json at the startup of the app and it would also create said file and the next time I would start the app it would show the actual empty friend feed. Since the last update, it always shows the empty friend feed even if there is no abba.json file in the folder.

Highlighted

zakhudzaifi
Casual Listener

I am having the same problem for quite awhile. I've tried restarting the app, my desktop, and even reinstalling the application.

Highlighted

jek420
Casual Listener

I've found a fix my deleting my hosts file. I had a modified version to block ads on the

web and it must've caused issues.

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts 

(If you've never touched your hosts file then this fix probably won't work)

Highlighted

subhskc
Casual Listener

Deleting might be a quite vigorous action.

Rather open the hostfile (as adminstrator) find the line containing a spotify uri and put a "#" as first character in that line. Save it. Click the button try again in spotify. This should fix it indeed.

Still wondering how the entry was ever inserted in my hostfile though... 

SUGGESTED POSTS