Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Full name not displaying with Facebook connected

Solved!

Full name not displaying with Facebook connected

Hi! My account currently only shows my username and a blank display image. I'm trying to get it to show my full name by connecting my Facebook account but it's not working, and everytime I connect it and reopen the Spotify app or website (both on desktop and mobile), it says that there is no account linked. Not sure if it's glitching or what but would really like to fix it.

I read somewhere on here that if you didn't initally sign up with your Facebook account then there's no way to show your full name, even if you connect it later. I don't know if that's true, but I did have my name showing at one point but I disconnected my FB account so it stopped, so now I would like to connect it again.

Any help is appreciated - apologies if this sounded repetitive. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @myrah1000,

thanks for posting in the community !

To get further updated info on the use of Spotify with Facebook, check out this help page.

To make sure the two are fully connected, reach privacy settings here on your account page and make sure to click on the "Process my Facebook data".

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @myrah1000,

thanks for posting in the community !

To get further updated info on the use of Spotify with Facebook, check out this help page.

To make sure the two are fully connected, reach privacy settings here on your account page and make sure to click on the "Process my Facebook data".

Let me know if you have any further questions 😃

This worked, thank you! Didn't know about the processing data setting 🙂 

Clicking 'Process My Facebook Data' does not reconnect to me. It slides, but doesn't reconnect. This account was made through Facebook, disconnected, but want to reconnect.

Hi @michael_perry6,

Thanks for reaching out!

Bear in mind that if you've created your account through Facebook and have disconnected it, it cannot be reconnected again.

So, you might want to create a new account and transfer all of your saved content to it. For more info, check this article.

We hope this helps, keep us posted 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

That’s what I was assuming. Thank you!

Suggested posts