Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

German User Interface orthographic and grammar errors

German User Interface orthographic and grammar errors

Since a few month my user interface is showing more and more orthographic errors with lots of special characters in words. Mainly asterisks. When is this bug finally fixed? It is getting more and more annoying to deal with the UI. If there is a problem, maybe a UI reset will set it back to German (and readable) ?

6 Replies

Hey @user-removed, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Can you send me a screenshot of where you're seeing the errors exactly? I'll take a closer look. 

Also, you can try a clean reinstall of the app to see if that makes any difference.

Let me know how this goes!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

For instance I search for Darude and it lists him as female artist, also as verified female artist. This is obviously factual wrong and spelled wrong. Here are some screenshots. There some more glitches like that. This happens mainly in the main frames of the UI for words like Hörer or Nutzer. The Footer ("Community" screenshot) is orthographically correct.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-31 um 12.07.39.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-31 um 12.10.07.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-31 um 12.09.24.png

Hello, is there a fix available?

Hey @user-removed, 

Thanks for the details! 

I can confirm that this isn't a spelling mistake and I've gone ahead and passed your feedback on to the right team at Spotify.

If you need anything else, you can always start a new topic and the Community will be happy to help.

Have a great day!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello,

Thanks for the answer. If this is spelled wrong on purpose, I will delete my account.

1. It is grammatically and orthographically incorrect.

2. It is hard to read.

3. It is not part of the German language.

4. It took hundreds of years to establish norms for a common language as the basis of communication for mutual exchange in our society. It is an important part of a democracy. If everyone is now making up their own fantasy language and feeling that they don't have to follow common rules, are we going to improve unity or division? Are we not fed up with people who believe that they don't have to obey any rules during Corona and can do what they want?

Done. Account is closed.

I ll keep my community account in case there are some news that you provide Spotify with a German User Interface again.

Or an option for German people to switch to English to increase the ease of use!

So long.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-08 um 14.18.59.png

Suggested posts