Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Hacked and now deleted my account?

Hacked and now deleted my account?

Hello,

Today I found out that my account was hacked. Somebody was listening on my account and I found some weird playlists on my account. I logged out everywhere and got back on my account using Facebook (which is connected to my Spotify account). One hour later I had to log in again, but now my whole Premium account is gone. 

So, is my account deleted due to security reasons or did this hacker change everything and is he now using my money to use Spotify?

Can you please tell me what's going on? I´ve sent an email but that was replied to an undercover emailadress from the hacker. 

Kind regards,
Sjors ten Tije

3 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

I'd recommend taking a look at this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, but no help so far. The strange thing is: it looks like my account dissapeared. When I log into Spotify, everything is gone. I just have a free account now. So: is it common that Spotify deletes accounts when they are hacked, or did something go wrong?

Sorry to hear the link didn't help.

I'd recommend reaching out to Support again, with the steps at the end:

'Go to our contact form and select Logging in > I can't log in to Spotify > I STILL NEED HELP.'
The contact form's here: https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-anonymous/.

They'll then take all the necessary and precautionary steps to secure your account and return access to you. You should get an email back from them explaining things and helping more, so if you don't it's good to double-check junk/spam email folders too, just in case 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts