Having to play on other devices through my iphone

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Iphone 7/Samsung TV

My Question or Issue

For the past 3 years I have been able to play my Spotify on my Samsung TV in our garden room.  I have been able to control the music with the remote.  Today I can no longer do this and it appears I can only play the music on my iphone and select the TV as player.  Why would this have happened if I haven't changed any settings?  I don't want to use my phone as it runs down the battery plus I want to view the spotify playlists on my TV and move on when necessary.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue in the Community.

This should now be fixed for everyone - could you try again and let us know?

If not, then could you send us the following info:

• Samsung TV model
  • Spotify version on Samsung TV
  • a screenshot showing any errors?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I suggest re-installing the Spotify program on your TV, followed by re-connecting your account.

Hi,
Thanks have done that and still will only allow me to play via phone.

If you're connecting Spotify to the TV through bluetooth, try doing so manually. To be more specific, log out from your TV and try your username / password.

Hi,
No I am connected directly to the internet via cat cable. Have logged out 3-4 times now. I can play Spotify direct from my laptop still.

For my Samsung TV, I'd connect it by manually putting in my username / password through my remote on the TV itself. If Spotify is connected through your laptop to your TV,  your remote should have control over it. That's just another idea / option for you if you wish to save battery on your phone.

I’ve done that several times and it’s still not working. The remote turns it on and selects a playlist so controls that but just won’t control the actual playing. Just don’t understand as on Saturday was fine and suddenly today wouldn’t play.

I'm having the exact same issue.

I can go into the playlist and on to the song on my Samsung TV but I cannot play anything. I have to start playing it on my phone. It will then play through the TV but with no option to skip or play any other song. It has to be controlled from the phone entirely. This was never the case before and I find it very frustrating. 

I have deleted the app, downloaded it again. Signed back in again through email/password, through the activate link and through the phone but none of this works. Definitely an app defect. The app has recently been updated.

I’ve notuced some other people are having similar issues (seen other Community messages).  I’ve been onto support who are trying to sort but no luck yet.  I’ll post if if there is any answers. 

Hi guys, I have also raised this with support and I was told they are aware of it and working on it. I just tried using my TV app now and it is working, super happy! Hope it works for you too!

Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue in the Community.

This should now be fixed for everyone - could you try again and let us know?

If not, then could you send us the following info:

• Samsung TV model
  • Spotify version on Samsung TV
  • a screenshot showing any errors?

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your replies 🙂

Hi,
It’s working for me now.
Thanks.

Suggested posts