Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Having trouble with getting student discount

Solved!

Having trouble with getting student discount

I am trying to purchase Spotify premium (for the first time) on my NUS student discount. I click the 'Spotify Student Discount' link on the NUS website which takes me to the 'Sign up now' page. Clicking the sign up now link takes me to a page where I click confirm purchase, then I have to type in my Facebook password, which I do. However, when I click 'Continue' on the subsequent Facebook page that opens I get taken back to the same page as before, rather than being allowed to then pay. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Josh

47 Replies

@user-removed 

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I am also getting this problem. It's a shame that Spotify can't seem to solve such a simple issue. Redirecting every single customer to the support is much more work than just getting this solved once and for all...

I do it all then it takes me back to the page where i enter my card details to pay but for full price and i already paid anyway :3

I am struggling to get my student discount on Spotify. I canceled my Premium subscription, as it said to do on this page:

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/US-Student-Discount-FAQ/?in=search

but when I went to the Spotify Student Premium webpage and clicked "Get Premium" it takes me to a page that says:

"It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time."

I am confused, and I can't find any technical support or a number to call. Any help here? Thanks!

Laurenne

This is happening to me now! So annoying. Did you find a solution?

Hey there @alexpcastro@lalalaurenne, and @sophierosehunt, welcome to the community!

I apologize for the late response! Sounds like you guys have run into a little bug in the system. In order to apply the student discount to your account, your account cannot have an active premium subscription. Since you currently have Spotify Premium, you need to cancel it here and wait for your account to revert back to 'Spotify Free' before re-applying the discount.

If you have any further questions, let me know! 🙂

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

What document did you use to confirm you are a student? I am having trouble finding a document that meets all the requirements sheer is asking.

My school isnt there. What do i do?

Suggested posts