Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

SPOTIFY **bleep**: Curse of the inaccessible email account

Solved!

SPOTIFY **bleep**: Curse of the inaccessible email account

My Spotify Brothers and Sisters, I need help with a VERY frustrating problem that should be MUCH easier to fix.  Please read all the way through before giving me a seemingly easy answer that won’t work:

Scenario:

• I have an old email address tied to my account that I can no longer access.
  • Because I used my current permanent email address (literally my name and personal URL) at Spotify years ago, I can’t update my account with that address.
  • When I explain this to support, I the auto-reply states that they will respond to the old account that I can’t access – I therefore get no help or correction.

Being somewhat smart, I tried to log in with my previous account (my personal email/URL) to change it there but I’m told that I used my Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify at that time and I should go to Facebook to update them.  Problem is, I closed my FB account years ago.

So, here I am a premium user who is literally unable to get Spotify support or receive email alerts via any of the community features in Spotify.  They offer no solution and no way to contact them.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,

f.ing.legend

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @f_ing_legend. For this specific instance I would encourage you to use the anonymous online contact form. So long as you are entirely logged out of Spotify.com (alternatively, access the form via an incognito window/private browsing) the form will allow you to use an email of your choosing for correspondence. Please make sure that this is an email that is not compromised and you have access to it.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

If you would prefer to not use the contact form, or require an alternative, either e @SpotifyCares on twitter, or the Spotify Cares Facebook page will work. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @f_ing_legend. For this specific instance I would encourage you to use the anonymous online contact form. So long as you are entirely logged out of Spotify.com (alternatively, access the form via an incognito window/private browsing) the form will allow you to use an email of your choosing for correspondence. Please make sure that this is an email that is not compromised and you have access to it.

In regards to the contact form, upon filling it out you should receive a confirmation email, usually a generic message containing the information you provided and instructions to visit these forums. If after 24 hours you do not hear back from a support team member, please reply directly back to the confirmation email, even if it originates from a no-reply address. If you do not receive this confirmation email, please check your spam folder. If it is not present there, please attempt using one of the other contact methods, or, if you are unable to use the alternatives, please let me know.

If you would prefer to not use the contact form, or require an alternative, either e @SpotifyCares on twitter, or the Spotify Cares Facebook page will work. Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets support is currently handling.

Thank you @LordRollin.  The anonymous form you mention states that replies will be sent to my original email address, which is no longer active and can no longer be accessed.  However, I am very pleased to report that the Spotify CSRs took some initiaitive and responded to my new address after they received the bounce message.  Wow!... I can't even get my cable company to do that.  Anyway, I am close to resolving this and have been pleasantly surprised with online support.  Where most online support fails is that they don't have people that initiative so the back-and-forth gets very tedious.  Not the case here and I thank both you and Spotify!  I am f.ing.legend but you are too as far as I'm concerned.  🙂

Glad it worked out for you. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you need. Cheers!

Suggested posts