Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! I followed myself on spotify

Help! I followed myself on spotify

I suddenly noticed that i am following my own account on spotify and i want to unfollow it but I can't find any solution. I tried everything but nothings works. I really don't like it. Please help me. Thank you!Screenshot_20200922-113534_Spotify.jpgScreenshot_20200922-113532_Spotify.jpgScreenshot_20200922-113537_Spotify.jpg

8 Replies

Screenshot_20200922-113534_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20200922-113532_Spotify.jpg

  

Screenshot_20200922-113537_Spotify.jpgThis is what exactly happened to me and I don't like it at all. I tried to find a way to unfollow myself but nothing works. I need help

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Community! Don't worry we're here to help.

Could you as a first step please make sure that this is indeed the same account? To that end could you go on a desktop device compare the URI's of your own account when and the one that comes up in the Following section? You can learn how to get the URI here

If it's indeed the same account, is the option to unfollow missing? Does it make a difference when you log out and back in to your account? You can post screenshots of what you see on the desktop app, that would help us out a lot in finding the root cause of the problem. Be sure to hide any personal or sensitive information

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply! 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The spotify uri is perfectly the same. And also I can see my recent activity in friend activity.

Captureb.JPGCapturea.JPGCapturec.JPG

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for getting back to us and for your screenshots. 

It shouldn't be possible a user to follow themselves, so all the info points to an account issue. Once solution is that you could create a new account here. You can then use the instructions in this Spotify Answer to transfer your music collection, so that nothing gets lost.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

im having the same problem my official artist page is asking me to follow myself as if its not my artist page ? how does this happen ?  this is my page but it says follow ? yet im logged in https://open.spotify.com/artist/3OGhXtmsoJmadtng4fbXCk

hello #bless

Hey @RxbLxx,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

If you're logged in the app with your user's profile - you'll have to follow your artist profile. 
This is still your artist page but since you're logged as a user it's normal to see "Follow" option when you go to your artist page. This is expected behavior of the app. 

Hope this sheds light on the subject. Let us know if we can help with anything else. 

LyubkaModerator

it does thank you for your response its just sometimes its not there and it just popped back up within the past few days but thank you again and #bless

Suggested posts