Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Solved!

Help! My playlists have all been deleted.

Hi There,

I logged in, and for some reason my account was downgraded to normal, I'm normally on Premium, and that's what I pay for.

So when I logged in, I went and upgraded again, thinking maybe my billing details were wrong?

When I re-upgraded all my Playlists were deleted, I've spent many hours making those!! I really want them back, can you help?

Ryan

91 Replies

hi david

I have the same problem as Jake I think.  I now have a free account when I've been paying for premium since sept 2012.  I have lost all my playlists which is a real nightmare as its taken me hours and hours to build them.  

Please please please help, I'm absolutely gutted

How can I get my premium account open again with all my playlists available again.

Thanks

Fraz

@frazheeps wrote:

hi david

I have the same problem as Jake I think.  I now have a free account when I've been paying for premium since sept 2012.  I have lost all my playlists which is a real nightmare as its taken me hours and hours to build them.  

Please please please help, I'm absolutely gutted

How can I get my premium account open again with all my playlists available again.

Thanks

Fraz

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account, since if you are still paying you do have a premium account somewhere!

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account.

If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly and they will be able to assist you. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hello,

I have spotify premium, both on my computer and my iphone. I had several playlists on my spotify premium on my iphone, and when I just updated and downloaded the new version of spotify on my iphone, it deleted all of my playlists. I no longer see any of my spotify playlists on my iphone. What happened? How do I fix this? By the way, all of my playlists are still on my spotify on my computer, but I haven't upgraded to the new spotify on my computer as I am afraid to because it might delete my playlists once and for all.

Please let me know,

Ryan

Could you try logging out on your iphone then log back in with exactly the same credentials you use on the desktop client.

Hello,

This has happened to me to. I have not been sent a email to inform me that something has gone wrong but I think since my last update of spotify my account has been deleted. Please could you fix it. Thank you.

Julia

@Jaymcdizzle wrote:
Hello,

This has happened to me to. I have not been sent a email to inform me that something has gone wrong but I think since my last update of spotify my account has been deleted. Please could you fix it. Thank you.

Julia

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account with your playlists on it.

If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter

Peter

hello, a couple days ago i deactivated my Facebook account and deleted some apps linked to it, including the spotify app, unaware that i would not be able to sign back in. However, when i reconnected, spotify registered me as a spotify free user when i have been paying for premium for several months. Now all my playlists have been deleted and i dont know how to get them back. Please help, i have been triyng for hours to get them back, there was lots of time put into them.

Hey @user-removed ! Welcome to the community 🙂

If your Spotify account was created using Facebook, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this. Normally when this happens your old account will still be in the Spotify system just inaccessible - the team will be able to retrieve it for you!

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Thank you I will definitely try this ASAP, and I wasn't sure if my first post was submitted because i did it through my iPhone

Hi there my spotify playlists have been deleted, can you please check this out?

@Kat123 wrote:
Hi there my spotify playlists have been deleted, can you please check this out?

It sounds like you might have accidentally created and logged into a duplicate account.

Try following the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you back into your original account. If not, there is a link in that post to get in touch with the Spotify team directly.

Peter

Dear Spotify Team,

I send you an Email some days ago complaing about your service which deleted all of my playlists… What is somekind of…annoying?

Is there anything you can do? 

I only can login with my FB Emailadress + pw not with the "user name" (some numbers…), but if I try sending me a new password via those numbers the player tells me it just send me an email? But I don't get one…

The deleted lists aren't listed in the recovery section either…

Would be great if someone can take a look at this issue?

Thanks,

Can you let us know the case number (#) from when you got in touch @Fre3mind ? Its in the automated email reply. 

Peter

Yes of course, it's Spotify Case # 01204207

Will get that escalated for you now.

Peter

Sorry for the lack of response to that case, @Fre3mind, but that case is now with the right folks. They'll be in touch soon. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

No problem, I just wanted to see if it even arrived at yours. Thanks so much, overlapping accounts seemed to cause the issue. Everything fine again. YEAH!

Hello, I logged out of my  Spotify account and logged back in on the same computer and all of my playlists/music were deleted. Please help! 

Hello. It sounds like you may have logged in with the wrong credentials. Spotify makes it far too easy to log in with a username instead of a facebook (email address/facebook password) login. Could you try logging out and back in carefully and see if everything comes back?

Hi,

The playlists on my Spotify iPhone App recently disappeared, while all of the playlists are still available on the desktop app.  I logged out of the desktop app and the iPhone app and used the same credentials to log back in and the playlists are still not there.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the iPhone app, but still no luck.  What can I do to get my playlists back?

Amanda

Suggested posts