Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help to not have to choose an account on TCL Roku TV

Help to not have to choose an account on TCL Roku TV

Plan: Premium

Device: TCL Roku TV

Operating System: unsure

My Question or Issue

Every time I open spotify on my TV, it asks me to select an account (I only have 1 account on spotify). Is there a way to make it so it doesn't ask me this, and simply picks that account automatically?

I'm asking because my Google home can't figure out how to select the account, so I can't use voice commands to play music on the TV through spotify. Yes, Google home is a speaker, but I want to use the TV instead.

3 Replies

Hey, @leglenn2 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Could you double-check if your Spotify account is set as standard on your Google account? You can take a look at the Google Home app to check it. You can also take a look at this following support article to get help with the linking accounts process:

I'm asking you to double-check if everything is working well on background because the Google "ecosystem" should work properly in any device if your accounts are correctly connected.

Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your help on this problem!

I double checked in my Google home app using the link you sent, and Spotify is set as my default for playing music and correctly linked. I don't have any trouble playing music from Spotify through the Google home mini itself - this is only a problem if I'm trying to use voice commands on the Google home mini to play Spotify music through my TCL Roku TV. I think the issue is more with how the Spotify app works on the TV?

Hello there @leglenn2,

Just wanted to jump in to let you know that there's an idea similar to what you're requesting here. Feel free to add your vote to it - it's the best way to provide your feedback for features such as this one.

The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

If there's anything else you need help with, just give us a shout 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts