Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Help understanding personal data json

Help understanding personal data json

Recently downloaded my personal data in hopes of finding a specific song I played before but when I extracted the RAR I was greeted with all these json files and with no idea which file to open and how to decode the values to get the name of the song I searched before.

Does anyone have an idea on the topic? Thank you in advance!

6 Replies

Hi there! If you have listened to that song recently it will still be in your spotify history. On the desktop app if you go into the queue menu there will be a button at the top of the menu saying history. If you click on that a short list of songs you have recently listened too will appear. I don't think the json files will really help you with identifying individual songs, as spotify probably doesn't keep every single song listen. I'm trying to download my spotify files now so I can try and find the songs for you if they are there. 

Hope I could help!

You can open the StreamingHistory.json with something like Notepad and it shows you the songs you've played, the time you played it, and how long you played it. The image attached show's what a few lines of the .json file would look like.

0dQsYvj.png

I just downloaded my file and opened with notebook and i don't see anything that can be useful to me? I don't even see streaming history in my file list.. ive chatted with spotify and they cant seem to help me either. 

Have you tried requesting/downloading your data again?

on my Spotify data zip there were 6 different json files and none with that name you mentioned, what can I do?

You can turn the JSON file into an excel spreadsheet in order to organize the information by date added or even alphabetical order

Suggested posts