Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can I change recommendations and most listened to?

How can I change recommendations and most listened to?

Hi! My husband has used my account for years, before I managed to send him off to his own within my family account (where the kids since long have their own).  His music taste is mixed into mine, and its quite different. Can I reset my preferences? Can I change recommendations, somehow? How do I best get more of my music, and less of his?

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hi @CharliegirlSW,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

What you could do in this situation is create a new account for yourself within the Family plan and let your husband use the old account. This way you'll be able to build your music preferences from the get-go. You can also transfer any playlists that you like following the instructions in this guide. Since there is no way to actually restart your account so that you won't see your husband's music in there. This will be the easiest way, because then you don't have to change the owner of the Family plan, which will be more tedious and will involve everybody going on Free for the time between the switch. You're free to do so if you like, you can check out this support article.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts