Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change my account profile picture (NOT artist profile pic). There's no "Change" on hover

How do I change my account profile picture (NOT artist profile pic). There's no "Change" on hover

Please see attached screenshots to support my description of the problem I'm about to describe:

I manage 1x verified artist, Spectoral, on Spotify. I am logged into my User Account and wish to change the profile picture of my User Account, not my Artist Profile avatar.

Spotify help pages in the community forum state that you should be able to change your User/Account Profile Picture, by using the desktop app. It instructs users to do this by clicking on your profile avatar, then hovering over it and tapping change.

However, I have followed these instructions and:

• There is no "Change" appearing when I hover the cursor over the User Account Picture.
  • There's also no "Change" option in the three-dot (...) menu beside the User Account Picture.
  • There's also no way to change it on the web: when logged into artists.spotify.com, and going to User Settings in desktop browser, there is no option given to update the User Account Picture here.
  • There is no way to change the USer Account Picture when logged into https://www.spotify.com/au/account/profile/ and going to Edit Profile (or anywhere else here).

Please note, I am NOT trying to change the Artist Profile Picture. I'm trying to change the User Account picture. I know you can change the Artist Profile avatar/picture by logging into artists.spotify.com. That is NOT what I'm trying to do. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.08.34 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.09.15 pm.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 5.24.19 pm.png
2 Replies

Hey there @spectoral,

thanks for posting !

I just logged into my desktop app, hover over my profile pic and it had let me change it easily.

Please make sure to follow this help page and if that doesn't help, make sure your desktop app is updated and try again.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Hello @spectoral,
I just got an update from Spotify. I can finally change my profile picture.
I hope it works for you too.
Best regards,
JD

Suggested posts