Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I change my profile to an Artist Profile?

How do I change my profile to an Artist Profile?

I recently distributed a song I did through CD Baby. They added my song to Spotify, but the problem is, I want to know how to add the song to My Profile. I don't have access to the account that CD Baby added. My question is, how do I make my personal profile (linked through facebook) into a Arist profile so I can add my songs I've made on there? Or if there's a way for me to access and edit the profile that CD Baby created, how would I do that?

1 Reply

Hey @OfficialBigDub,

RE: How to put music on Spotify

To ensure that all music on Spotify is properly licensed, Spotify requires that all music is delivered via labels and distributors. Spotify has deals with most labels and distributors, so if you're signed to one, just ask them to put your music on Spotify. 

Aggregator services will handle the licensing and distribution of your music and will also administer your royalty compensation when your fans stream your music on Spotify. There's usually a small fee or percentage cut involved in using these services. Each one is a bit different, so make sure to do some homework before picking one.

RE: Artist Verification

Artists with over 250 followers can verify their artist page by submitting a verification request. Verification merges your artist page with a Spotify account so you can share playlists directly with your fans. You also get a blue checkmark.

Here's what to do:

1. Set up a Spotify account

You’ll need a Spotify user account to get started. If you don’t already have an account, you can create a free one by signing up with an email address here.

2. Ensure that you have 250 followers, then complete the Verification form

Once you’ve setup the account, please complete this form

To help Spotify verify the account, be ready with the following information:

• Your artist name and the link to your artist page (If there is a problem with your discography or your albums appear on more than one page, click here.)
  • A link to the account you would like merged with your artist discography page. You can find this link by going to your personal user profile (the one you use to listen to music), clicking on the ellipses underneath your name and clicking “copy Spotify URI.”
  • The email address associated with your user profile.
  • The preferred display name for the profile.
  • A link to a Twitter account associated with the artist. Please note that Twitter credentials are not stored in any way.

3. Wait for Verification

Verification can take up to 4 weeks.

Hope this helps 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts