How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Solved!
2 people liked this

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

londoncalling12

How does this work with the new web player? The solution you provided doesn't yield any results when I try it and there's no other option to find people you follow.

Re: How do I find a friend on Spotify if I have their email address but they are not on Facebook?

Casual Listener

this is not working, did they change it recently?

1 person liked this

Casual Listener

I don't get an error message, it just doesn't have any search results when I type my friend's username

1 person liked this

vhg687

I can't find friends who have spaces in their user name

1 person liked this

Wp41
That's not helpful though. I have their name but not their user name. All that shows up is that they added a song to a play list under their real name. Not their user name.
4 people liked this

marystath
Casual Listener

Hello!

The following solution works for the Web Player.

If you know your friend's username, you can follow these steps: 

1. Go to the url bar 

2. Type spotify.com/user/username

1 person liked this

marystath
Casual Listener

Hello!

Try typing in your url bar: spotify.com/user/username

2 people liked this

natford100

This worked for me: https://open.spotify.com/user/[username] - where you replace [username] with username.  I can't believe finding people is so hard!!!

2 people liked this

kaityknaus

For some reason this isn’t working for me

Highlighted
Solution! 3 people liked this

Hey folks,

Here are a few suggestions made by members of the Community:

@Jude /@JayLB suggest asking your friend to send you a link to one of their playlists. When you open the link to the playlist, you will find a link to their profile.

@David suggests typing 'spotify:user:[username]' into the search bar on the desktop or mobile app.

Note: if your friend doesn't know their username, they can easily find it by doing the following:

• go to your profile page in the app
  • click on the three-dot menu below your display name (note: this is not the same as your username) and click Share > Copy Spotify URI
  • paste the URI - you will see your username in the format spotify:user:[username] (your username is what appears between the square brackets)

If you want to change your username, make sure to check out this thread to find out how.

Hope that helps! 

PeterModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"It's my job to see the world and report back. It's my job to feel things fiercely.
And it's my job to be present." - Maggie Rogers
SUGGESTED POSTS