Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I find out when I joined Spotify?

Solved!

How do I find out when I joined Spotify?

Think it would be cool to find out and haven't found a way I can so far

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi - I just found out how to find out the exact date you created your spotify account. It isn't instant as you may have to wait until a data download is ready so may take a few days to wait, but it'll give you a definitive answer.

The process is as follows:

1) Log in to Spotify

2) Go to Profile > Account

3) Go to the "Privacy Settings" tab

4) Request a to download your data

5) After you receive the notification email informing you that your data is ready, download and save the data

6) Open the archive file, navigate to, and open Userdata.json

7) You should see a date (in the format YYYY-MM-DD) in the creationTime field - See attached image for detail.

View solution in original post

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 13.59.19.png
9 Replies

Hey @AdamRW96,

There's no official way to find out when you created your account, but if you had a Premium trial at the beginning, you can check the date of that at https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/receipt/.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Mine only holds 24 receipts (one per month), it doesn't have the entire history.

Possibly check your badges and what date you received the anniversary ones (Click your ID at the top of this page then Community Profile then click View all.

This isn't fool proof however if you were here since the begining as there werent badges back then, not sure when it all started.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

When you create an account or subscribe for Premium you should receive a confirmation email from us. You can have a look in your inbox for those emails, as they should contain exact dates 🙂

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That’s why we appreciate you taking the time to share your suggestion with the Community. 

If you think other users might also like it, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented :slightly_smiling_face: 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Have a great day!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the tip Alex, I imagine a lot of people wouldn't keep the email (myself included) which leaves us in the same boat. For me personally I have been on Spotify since day one in AU so I can find out that way but it would be nice if it was just in your profile somewhere.

Marked as solution

Hi - I just found out how to find out the exact date you created your spotify account. It isn't instant as you may have to wait until a data download is ready so may take a few days to wait, but it'll give you a definitive answer.

The process is as follows:

1) Log in to Spotify

2) Go to Profile > Account

3) Go to the "Privacy Settings" tab

4) Request a to download your data

5) After you receive the notification email informing you that your data is ready, download and save the data

6) Open the archive file, navigate to, and open Userdata.json

7) You should see a date (in the format YYYY-MM-DD) in the creationTime field - See attached image for detail.

Screenshot 2021-01-10 at 13.59.19.png

I would like to check when I created a spotify account

I downloaded it, but there is no userdata.json

If you signed up for Spotify using your email you type the word “Spotify” in your search bar then scroll all the way to the end you should see your welcome email when you first joined

I wish I could find out the exact date too as I started using it when I made my Facebook account back in like 2009 but don’t know the exact date 

Suggested posts