Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get rid of bad recommendations after a hack?

Solved!

How do I get rid of bad recommendations after a hack?

My account was hacked.. I've gone through all the steps to secure the account..

So apparently they were using my account to listen to a bunch of music to generate income for artists. Anyways, that's all fine and dandy, great for them I guess.

My issue is that, after I deleted all their garbage from my recently played list, and my likes, follows, etc, everything I could find. I'm still getting recommendations for music I have no interest in.

It's annoying.. Who the **bleep** is Pooh? I don't speak spanish, so why would I listen to music in spanish? This is just a constant reminder that I **bleep** up. What do I have to do to get my account back to the way it was? Do I need to delete the whole thing and start from scratch?

Please help.. thanks..

PS.     Why is it such a pain to ask a simple question? Why do I have to go through all the hoops of registering for a community account and confirm my email address after I've already registered and did all that for my spotify account?

PPS. 

Correct the highlighted errors and try again.

• There was an error while attempting to post your message. Try again in a few minutes.

Why does this have to be so difficult?

Is this a test?

I'm not a robot.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @TiMeToRn 

Welcome to Spotify Community again and thanks for contacting us here.

About your issue, as I said it's normal and you will continue receiving that content for now, but keep listening your favorite songs and playlists and soon you'll get the Daily Mix with your music content.

Let me know if you need more information or have any other issue.

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Hey, @TiMeToRn

Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for contact us here.

About your primary problem, if you think that someone is having access to your account, change your password immediately.

About the second problem, your recommendations will be normalized conforming you listen for your favorites songs and artists, that's demand some time and constant use of your Spotify account.

For more information, I suggest that you take a look on this article below:

That article is about only one personalized playlist that Spotify makes for you based on your ''musical taste''. So, resuming, you should continue using your account normally and you will restart receiving your own recommendations.

If you need more information or have some any other questions, let me know.

If your think my answer was helpful for you, please like it and set it as solution. It;ll be great for me.

Best Regards,

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

As I explained, I've already secured my account.

The issue is the remaining TAINT on my account. I've been listening to my usual music for about 2 months now, and I still get recommendations based on what the hacker was listening to.

What else can we do besides cancelling my account?

I'm still getting recommendations in my daily mix with this Spanish bs

Screenshot_2019-04-07-20-07-39.png
Marked as solution

Hey @TiMeToRn 

Welcome to Spotify Community again and thanks for contacting us here.

About your issue, as I said it's normal and you will continue receiving that content for now, but keep listening your favorite songs and playlists and soon you'll get the Daily Mix with your music content.

Let me know if you need more information or have any other issue.

Best Regards

hezorg (Luan Araújo)

LuanSpotify Star

Same problem here... I was hacked over a year ago. Fixed it. I listen to spotify every day, but still get weird music from the Netherlands in my release radar. So the problem won't just go away by itself, as suggested by support 

Hey there @3sq-zw_09bcpv,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear this has happened to you.

To improve your suggested music, we recommend that you actively engage with the content that you enjoy. For example, adding more songs to your playlists and Liked songs.

Another important detail is making sure that you don't have the ''Private session''- feature on, when listening to your favorite tunes.

When it comes to your Release radar, we'd recommend using the Hide this song  button for tracks that you wouldn't like to see in future recommendations.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, 

As I was driving a long the road a few days ago, protestors threw red paint over my car. How can I remove this paint and restore my car to its original color?

Spotify replies: We're sorry to hear of your problem.

We suggest that you keep driving the car you love. Engage more fully with your car by checking the tire pressure and changing the oil. Pick uphitchhikers. This way, over time, the color you love will soon rememerge

In time the forces of nature will gradually rub the red paint off your car and in a couple of weeks, your car will be good as new again, without any trace of the colour you neither like, want, nor added to you outside of your car.

While the paint is fading, you should take time to consider other colors. Perhaps there is something you like about red that you have not notoiced before. This crime that you have been subject to is an opportunity for you to expand your musical tastes in unexpected ways, while comtimuing to render profit to Spotoify shareholders. It's a valuable opportunity that you should grasp with both hands.

We hope that this solves your problem. 

Pointless, useless, perhaps even mendacious post, that does not solve any problems, while patronizing and abusing customers.

Your post is insulting to Spotify's customers.

We, the customers, suggest you solve this problem or explain why you refuse to.
This is sustained, long-term, deliberate abuse of Premium users and may well be in breach of your terms and conditions. I'm not sure that you have the right to simply fill my playlists with whatever garbage the algorithm spews out.
I am concerned about what wil happen when my son's phne is hacked and his playlists fill with offensive material unsuitable for minors.

You are not a Spotify employee, Correct?

Are you contracted in any way to Spotify except through the standard user arrangement?
Have you ever recieved or do you expect to receive any material or finanicial benefit from Spotify, any of its subsidiaries or partners for any reason whatsoever?
DOES SPOTIFY PAY YOU TO WRITE THIS STUFF, whether or not you are employed by them?

at this point wouldn't people just want to completely wipe their song recommendation history and start fresh? Something to think about? 

My account was hacked 7 years ago and I still have**bleep** terrible rap music in my Release Radar. I never listen to rap and have confirmed many times there have no longer been any logins aside from myself. Terrible

Suggested posts