Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I remove access to my account on another unit?

Solved!

How do I remove access to my account on another unit?

I have shared my Spotify account with my wife, but now she is my ex-wife and I don't want her to have access to my account anymore.

I have changed password and removed the unit in offline-mode.

How do I achieve my goal?

Plan

Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

iPhone SE

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stilldav.

Sorry to hear that you and your wife aren't together anymore.

To stop her from accessing your Spotify account, please go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

After that, a password will be needed to access your account. Since you've changed the password, she shouldn't be able to get access after that anymore.

I hope this helped, let me know.
Felix

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @stilldav, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Since you've changed your password - she'll automatically be logged out and will no longer have access to your account.

If you're on a Premium Family plan, please follow the steps in this support article > Invite or remove members section to remove a member from your account.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy,

I have changed the password but it still works on both mine and my sons mobile, without the request of changing password, so I don't know what to do.

Any idea why?

Marked as solution

Hey @stilldav.

Sorry to hear that you and your wife aren't together anymore.

To stop her from accessing your Spotify account, please go to your account page and click SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE.

After that, a password will be needed to access your account. Since you've changed the password, she shouldn't be able to get access after that anymore.

I hope this helped, let me know.
Felix

Suggested posts