Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I transfer my Facebook account into a normal account?

Solved!

How do I transfer my Facebook account into a normal account?

This is not the account I normally use. I've had to create this account to post on these forums because I can't login to my standard account because Facebook is blocked at work and it's a Facebook account.

I don't want my standard account to be a Facebook account. I want it to be a normal spotify account with a username and login so that I can play music at work with the web player. How can I do this???

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

I wrote a full tutorial on how to disconnect your account from Facebook no matter what your account type here 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Just go to spotify.com click onto log in and select 'Register'.
You will have the option to choose either Facebook login or register by mail ;)!

Or click this link 😛
https://www.spotify.com/signup/

And if you want to use your Facebook account as a normal one... Sorry but that's not possible, you can't change your account type.

You have to register again an import your playlists to your new account.
Marked as solution

Hey 🙂 

I wrote a full tutorial on how to disconnect your account from Facebook no matter what your account type here 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Oh sorry ^^
Thought it weren't possible, what was the reason to use my email address to create my account.
Why should everybody know what I'm listening to?!? 😛

Thanks 😉

I just chatted to support - they will d/c your Facebook and a password reset works - I can now log in with username and password, and apple login (couldn't do either before).

Suggested posts