Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I unlink my spotify from an unknown PSN account?

How do I unlink my spotify from an unknown PSN account?

Plan

Student premium

Country

USA

Device

PS4

My Question or Issue

Howdy, I've seen this issue on here but nothing exactly like the problem i'm having. A while ago I downloaded the spotify playstation app onto my ps4, logged in, listened to some tunes, and the next day lo and behold the app was gone. Had to repeat the process, and once again it dissapeared, no clue on earth why. I didn't bother again until a couple months later, and this time the download stayed but now when I try to log in, it says that my spotify is linked to another account.

I've tried everything to unlink my spotify from whatever account it's linked to. I know for sure it isn't my PSN account because on the PSN account link page it says my account doesn't have a linked spotify. Given that logging out unlinks an account, I know it's not my friends' PSN accounts since they all regularly use their spotify accounts on their ps4s by logging into with their own accounts, NOT through remotely choosing their ps4s as a device. I know it's not my parent's ps3, because they don't even have spotify downloaded, and the time period in which I used it was before I even knew what spotify was. To top it off, the log out everywhere option doesn't apply to PSN accounts, which is pretty annoying and I think should have something done about it.

To be clear, since I've seen people "answer" this issue i'm having with this solution, it is my SPOTIFY that is linked to an unknown PSN account, NOT that there's an unknown spotify linked to my PSN account. So no, live chat with playstation customer service won't help.

Is there any way I can either see what PSN account my spotify is linked to or do a hard reset on linked devices? I'm at my wits end and nothing I've found on here helps. Much thanks!

3 Replies

Hey there @tomato-chan!

Thanks for reaching out to us here and welcome to the Community!

We're afraid that currently it's not possible to unlink the accounts from Spotify's end.

We'd recommend checking with Sony on this. You can reach the PlayStation support team via the @AskPlayStation account on Twitter or via the PlayStation support site.

They should be able to remove the link between the unknown PlayStation account and your Spotify account.

Let us know how it goes. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

well after a grueling sony support live chat where I talked in circles, their support told me that Playstation can't unlink spotify accounts from PSN accounts and that only SPOTIFY had that ability. Obviously they had no Idea what they were talking about and now I am back at page one 😞 I am very frusturated, because it seems its impossible to solve this problem if neither sony OR spotify can unlink accounts on their end. Is there anything you suggest I do?

Thanks for the quick reply @tomato-chan!

We're sorry to hear that this has happened to you. If the Playstation team are not able to help you solve this, we could recommend following these steps to create a new Spotify account.

You should be able to copy all of your playlists and songs to the new account and link the new account to your PS4 account.

Hope this info helps!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts