Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to upload the Zipped data that I requested from Spotify?

Solved!

How to upload the Zipped data that I requested from Spotify?

Plan

Premium

Hello, I recently requested a download of all of my account data at https://www.spotify.com/nl/account/privacy/ .

I now recieved the zipped data, but how do I upload the file to this, or any other Spotify Account?

Thanks,

Maty

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there!

For moving playlists I would recommend the use of an external tool, such as playlist-converter.net - this would allow you to login to your existing account, and duplicate the playlist to another account. 

You would just need to:

1. Login to Spotify
  2. Select the playlist
  3. Click 'Convert'
  4. Wait for it to duplicate
  5. Click 'Login with Spotify and export the playlist to your account'
  6. Sign in with the new account
  7. Listen to your new playlist!

Unfortunately, this only duplicates playlists to the new account, not followed playlists, artists, saved songs, etc. from the old account. You would have to do that manually.

As of right now, there is not a feature within Spotify to clone an account, but this external tool may help with the playlist transfers.

I hope this helps!

Have an awesome day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey there!

Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Are you trying to upload this data to another account to get the same recommendations, listening history, etc?

Let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further!

Have an awesome day!

Hey there, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

This new data request is to be in line with the data privacy laws in Europe, you can learn more about GDPR in the Updates to the Spotify Privacy Policy and Data rights and privacy settings support articles, as well as the one from the EU.

You simply are requesting a copy of your data Spotify has about you. You can't use it to upload the file into a new account.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hey @MrAlexG,

I am trying to move from one account to another, so all my playlists, followed playlists/artists/albums, saved songs, ...
Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hey there!

For moving playlists I would recommend the use of an external tool, such as playlist-converter.net - this would allow you to login to your existing account, and duplicate the playlist to another account. 

You would just need to:

1. Login to Spotify
  2. Select the playlist
  3. Click 'Convert'
  4. Wait for it to duplicate
  5. Click 'Login with Spotify and export the playlist to your account'
  6. Sign in with the new account
  7. Listen to your new playlist!

Unfortunately, this only duplicates playlists to the new account, not followed playlists, artists, saved songs, etc. from the old account. You would have to do that manually.

As of right now, there is not a feature within Spotify to clone an account, but this external tool may help with the playlist transfers.

I hope this helps!

Have an awesome day!

Hey @MatyB.

You can actually move your saved music and playlists to your new account, however you will need to get in touch with our Customer support team here in order to do that.

Hope that helps!

Suggested posts