Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I bought a Spotify Giftcard

I bought a Spotify Giftcard

Hallo! 

My subscription was about to run out so I bought a "spotify giftcard" with enough money on it to pay for one month. I did exactly what it said on the card and got an "Spotify Premium Receipt" in my mail afterward. When i went to listen to music today my premium was paused and it says that i have to add a new payment method when i've already payed? 😕 please help.

8 Replies

Hey @Martesofiie, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Could you open the email receipt you got from Spotify and double-check that the username it lists is the same username you use to log in?

Looking forward to your response 🙂

It is the same! I checked the receipt. I also use facebook to log in with if that makes a different. 

@Martesofiie,

What does your account subscription page (https://www.spotify.com/account/subscription/) say about your Premium or Free status?

"

Premium paused

Your last payment didn't work. Continue listening with Premium by adding a new payment method.

UPDATE PAYMENT

If you want to downgrade Spotify Free instead, you need to cancel your Premium subscription. " It said that

@Martesofiie,

Hm, that's odd... Could you tell me if you see the gift card payment on your receipts tab?

Yes it is there! The one from 3/18
IMG_7585.PNG

@Martesofiie,

Alright, all you need to do now is get in contact with Spotify support and their Accounts team can take a look backstage. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. They usually respond within 48 hours!

Please let me know if you need help with anything else 🙂

Thank you so much! i'll contact them:)

Suggested posts