Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can’t login, account is shutdown

I can’t login, account is shutdown

Hey People, 

I just couldn't log in because my Spotify account was shut down. They confirmed that this is because I rebooked €9.99 for my premium account.

The reason why I rebooked is because Spotify has written in both €4,99 for my students account as €9.99 for my premium account. I thought my premium account would be automatically stopping when I had a student account set up a few weeks ago.

Could Someone please help me activate my account again?

Thanks in advance!

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands 

Device

Iphone XS 

Operating System

IOS12

My Question or Issue

I can’t log in, beceause my account is shut down

[snip - Community Moderator edit]

5 Replies

Hi @asewnarain_ ,

Thanks for coming to the community with your query. Are you saying that you have two accounts where one is a student account and the other is a premium one? Which account are you wanting to regain access to?

Best,

A

Hey A,

Thanks for your reaction! I want to get access to my Student Account which is more affortable for me. But I payed for both of the accounts this week, which I don’t want.

Hey @asewnarain_ thanks again for reaching out to the community,

Hi there!

Sorry to hear you’re having some trouble logging into your account. I’d recommend checking out this Spotify Answer. Also check out this Spotify support article 
here.

If you have a Facebook-created account, you should be able to reset your Spotify password without changing your Facebook one.

Let me know how it goes,

Jack 🙂

Hey Jack,

The problem is that I logged in to the support community with my other Facebook account linked to another Spotify account (the free version). It’s not possible for me to log in with my Student Account.

Hey there @asewnarain_,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

You mention having two accounts: We'd first recommend making sure to cancel your regular Premium subscription by following the steps here. After you've cancelled your subscription successfully, your account will revert to our Free ad-based service after any remaining Premium time runs out and you shouldn't be charged further.

Regarding your second account that was disabled, we'd recommend taking a look at this support site article for more info.

On another note, to avoid further confusion, we'd also suggest closing one of your Spotify accounts. If that sounds like a plan, you can follow the steps provided here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts