Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I have two accounts and need one deleted

Solved!

I have two accounts and need one deleted

I have two spotify accounts. I need my old account removed please. The old account is a free one. This one with the username lzande86 is the paid one I would like to keep. The old account was made with a facebook account, If a support team member could reply to this I can PM the email for the old account I need removed. The one thing I don't want to happen is for the staff to mess up and remove this account I'm on, as it is my new paid account.

Thanks Larry

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Sorry I think I was incorrect. Log into your old account (the one you want deleted) and go here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/close/

You can close the account from there.

Hope it helps!

-BenjaminsiPod

I will update this signature as soon as I can figure out how to add HTML to it. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I have the same problem! I have a premium accont, which I won in a fone plan, but I would like to connect with my facebook, and I can't, because my old is connected!

OK guys, a lot of people don't know how to do this so let me see if I can help. This feature is sort of hidden deep in Spotify's settings but it is really quite easy to do.

First you need to go to Spotify Desktop and log in to the accounty you want to Delete

Next you want to hit the arrow next to your username on the top right corner and then hit settings.

Scroll down until you see Facebook and click on the blue button that says Disconnect from Facebook. (You can do the same with Last.FM if you Scrobble to Last.FM)

Now log out of that account and log in to the account you want to Keep

Again go to settings and click the blue button marked Connect to Facebook

Log In to your Facebook Account and voila! You have now deleted your facebook account from your old account and moved it to your new account! Note: It will take at least 24 hours for your old account and new account to update so you will not see a change right away. After 24 hours if you go to your new account you should see it updated with all your Facebook Settings and Name. Now you can go into your old account and transfer over all of your music and settings and if you want you can change the email address and password as well to make it as though you had never used it. Hope it helps guys!

-BenjaminsiPod

I will update this signature as soon as I can figure out how to add HTML to it. 🙂

I know that Benjamin but that is not what I want. I need the Spotify team to permanently delete my old Facebook made account.

If you logged into Spotify using your Facebook account and never set up a username then linking your Facebook account to your new Spotify account will delete the old one. If you created a seperate account and linked Facebook to it then besides de-linking it from Facebook there's not much more you can do. Once created Spotify accounts cannot be deleted but changed. I suppose Spotify could delete the account if they wanted to but I don't think they feel it is necessary to do so. Just link your Facebook account to your new Spotify account and abandon the old one. Like I said you can always change all the information in the old account and then just stop using it. There's really no point in deleting it since there is no personal information tied up in it that would be at any risk even if you didn't change it. That's all I got, sorry hope it helps!

-BenjaminsiPod

Marked as solution

Sorry I think I was incorrect. Log into your old account (the one you want deleted) and go here:

https://support.spotify.com/us/close/

You can close the account from there.

Hope it helps!

-BenjaminsiPod

Can you actually add a link to the help for closing the account. When you go to "Contact Form" and follow the instructions the final page tells you to go to the "Contact Form" page and you just go in circles. Might be better to just give the link.

Here's what I followed:

https://support.spotify.com/uk/article/how-can-i-close-my-spotify-account/

Suggested posts